Adamb

Hi all, New from Mansfield

Hey all, im from the mansfield area.

Im 22 next month

Some of you may not like me as i joined the owners club first!!  im sorry  :D

Well i picked up my 14 plate white 86 last wednesday and loved all the time ive had it! 

At the dealership (the girlfriend didnt know!!)

post-430-0-05955900-1400762847_thumb.jpg

At the dealership not very shiny, i think thats dealership "shine" haha

post-430-0-66957200-1400762890_thumb.jpg

Here she is after a quick wash and polish.

post-430-0-26554800-1400762811_thumb.jpg

A few mods planned already, 

got some TRD front and rear bumper spoilers to paint and fit

Then 

- New alloys

- coilovers

- a few cosmetic mods

Then deciding between turbo or supercharger hmmm

Welcome to the club Adam and congrats on the purchase!  Can't believe the dealership put a nice bow on your car....my dealer did nothing for me upon pick  <_<   :D

Looking forward to your mods dude!

Welcome Adam,

Best colour, what alloys are you thinking of?

Go Supercharger :P You're welcome to test drive mine should we cross paths. Probably at JAE In September if not before

Welcome to the club Adam and congrats on the purchase!  Can't believe the dealership put a nice bow on your car....my dealer did nothing for me upon pick  <_<   :D

Looking forward to your mods dude!

Cheers Keethos   and they didnt! i bought it and took it in for them.  the ribbon was a surprise for my girlfriend.  

Sorry to hear about your bump hope you sort it soon

Welcome Adam,

Best colour, what alloys are you thinking of?

Go Supercharger :P You're welcome to test drive mine should we cross paths. Probably at JAE In September if not before

colour wise it will be a dark grey  - gun metal / anthracite

then 18x8 ish looking at advan RGDs  

ooo  il hold you to that :D i hope to go to as many club meets as possible.

(previous classic mini owner and a good laugh - currently got a 160bhp mini pickup im nearly finished restoring but thats another thread :P )

Cheers dude, it's guna be a long, slow and expensive process :( !

Don't know if you've seen or not, but besides the "Events" section, you can checkout the forum's calendar for up and coming events/shows.  Hope to meet you at one of them in the near future!

ahh yes, didnt know that :)

i am going to the cosworth open day so will meet anyone thats on here who is going :)

was hoping to go to the gt86 oulton park but nope haha 

il keep my eyes on there and see whats coming up.

cheers nikdel :)  im sure theres everything i need on here and will try contribute where i can :)

Hi Adam.  Very nice, and welcome.  I'm on the owners club forum as well as here.  I think you will be okay!  :)

Just enjoy the car and learn from the mine of info available from both sources.  Everybody on here is as helpful as can be !!

Awesome, I'll be at the Cosworth Launch Event too, looking forward to that seeing what they've got!

Awesome, i presume your coming in the 86? as its a fa20 only event.  Least i will be able to find you,  

thats the hardest part of meeting people for the first time, as alot of the cars are quite similar

LOL, yeah, I'll be there in my 86 so no one will be able to miss me....I'll be the big Chinese fella with a miserable face as for not only needing to fix my car but not being able to afford anything there  :lol:  :huh:  :(

I'll be there as well in my Silver 86, you could meet up with the rest of us before at the Pub if you wanted

"Just having a look round on google, there is a pub approx 1mile away from Cosworth called Sixfields (http://www.hungryhor...lds-northampton).

I suggest we all meet up there at 12, grabbed some lunch and then head to Cosworth."

From Will's post http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/1610-cosworth-invites-you-to-the-2014-fa20-launch-event-300514/page-2

Alec

Great stuff, welcome aboard. 

Seeing as you've got a white car, have you considered a more lairy colour for the alloys? All the rage it seems at the moment! ;) 

Which coilovers are you considering?

Welcome Adam.

Some of you may not like me as i joined the owners club first!!  im sorry  :D

FYI: I think everyone did.. lol.

p.s. Go turbo.

Great stuff, welcome aboard. 

Seeing as you've got a white car, have you considered a more lairy colour for the alloys? All the rage it seems at the moment! ;)

Which coilovers are you considering?

no thank you, i like my car looking smart, subtle mods im not the lairy sort of guy :P  

not sure yet, been looking at the tein coilovers or possibly HSD

Not be yet as need to save some cash up :'(

I must say so far this forum seems a lot friendlier. and cant wait to meet you all at some point hopefully most of you at cosworth 

ahh yes, didnt know that :)i am going to the cosworth open day so will meet anyone thats on here who is going :)

There will be at least 1 SC and TC car going if you're interested to have a good close up nosey.

They are subtle.... :D

They arent too bad, i think what lauren meant was the Reds, Oranges, Lime Greens and Whites!! 

Bright colours are a big no, i know too many people in their corsa vxrs and fiesta st's haha

Still looking at darker greys but will be shiny, maybe a metallic shine in there ;)

There will be at least 1 SC and TC car going if you're interested to have a good close up nosey.

Hmmm dont tease me haha, i think the main difference will be how they drive,   im leaning more towards the charger due to its low down grunt and being more usable,  but then i like how the turbo kicks in  as its quite similiar to how it is now, when you reach higher revs it picks up another gear. 

Of course il have a nosey round but i will be doing cosmetics first   coilovers and alloys before charger as im happy with the power at the moment :)

looks nice, guessing you can go lower than that if you wanted?  the wheels go with the strip nicely also

whats the main difference between the advance and the flex?  apart from a few hundred quid!

seen the flex for around £1044 and the advance for around £700 that sound about right?

Cheers. I had the side stripe done to match when I had the wheels fitted. It used to be black. 

Yes I could lower it more, but I want my car to handle. That is important for me. I also do 30K a year so it needs to be practical too. 

See here for the differences:

http://www.tein.co.uk/product/index.html

No top mounts on the Advance and a fair few other technical points. 

apart from the top mount and the rear shocks having a different body i couldnt see much difference.  

The TEIN Advanced as Lauren said doesn't have top mounts and the spring rates are lower than the standard Street Flex. 

So rob, that brings me to my next question ;)  

Which spring rates are better?    i can handle harsh rides  had classic minis!

il be doing mainly street driving with the odd track and drift day.  Dont think il go for the edfc as i dont think il use it enough. 

For the sake of £300 is it worth saving for the street flex?