Adamb

Hi all, New from Mansfield

Well Dave (Pitman) brought a set of Street Advanced as a prize for the TSS which I won, they were meant to be Street Flex. I sent them back to tein and am paying the difference for the Flex. If you want the better adjustability i'd say pay the extra £300. In the grand scheme of things you will most likely regret it overwise as you have limited adjustability up front... 

I'm running -2 camber on the front of which is only possible due to currently having whiteline top mounts (Which I honestly wouldn't recommend) anyone on here will tell you how much i've moaned about them at meets :P and most people have heard them making odd noises. I also have camber bolts to give me more camber.

In terms of spring rates I think standard Street Flex are 7/7, Dave and Keith on here are running on 6/6 I believe and Lauren is 5/6...

I will be doing the same as Lauren when they come, as standard the car is 4/5 so it keeps that offset on the spring rates going on the aftermarket setup. I think it depends how much you are tracking the car and how much you're driving it on the road. I do a fair few track days but I don't want it silly harsh on the road. In my opinion 7/7 is pretty overkill.

EDIT: fyi, the camber bolts and whiteline top mounts would cost about £200 anyway and given they make odd clonking noises I see no reason why you shouldn't go with the flex if you was going to consider the Tein coilovers.

Well if you fit Street Flex the road noise will increase but obviously you can adjust front camber with the top mounts. The plus points are a sharper front end and more steering feel. 

I have the EDFC and I find I'm always playing with it. What I like about is that after you drive with it on for a while you start to feel the changes of different setups. I've just been sat in my car adjusting the change in damper stiffness for lateral G and increasing it in my case. I've played loads with the speed settings in a bid to find a good all round road setup that ticks all the boxes and reckon I'm getting close now. 

I've also been experimenting with track setups and faster road handling setups. It's great if you love to fiddle with such stuff. 

Stock spring rates on the Street Flex are 7/7kg. I'm running 5/6kg which is a bespoke setup. Keith and Dave are running 6/6kg. The stock spring rate is approximately 3/4kg. I opted for these spring rates as I wanted to maintain the difference between front and rear. I also chose a 5kg spring up front as I like to get some good weight transfer under braking as I like to trail brake into corners. It works very well on track 

Depends what you want in regard to spring rates. I wanted to keep a decent enough ride. I find that the springs are obviously stiffer than standard, but that overall mostly the ride is improved over stock. I've also lowered it 25mm. As for handling, well it's way better than stock I reckon. I also run more negative camber front and rear than standard which also helps. 

right so im leaning more towards the save the cash and get the flex,  as it gives me the adjustability if i want it. Better to have it and not use it than need it but not have it haha

I also like how the car handles with the back end being abit fidgity, so if i wanted to get different springs for example 5/6kg like lauren or the 6/6 like keith and dave  do i just need to drop them a message?  and how much do these different springs cost?  

Think if i email them and tell them from the start i want different springs they will knock abit of for me not needing the 7/7kg springs?

I was wanting to make the ride a little firmer and lower it but keep some of the current characteristics so i think 5/6kg will be perfect 

Is the EDFC just a way of adjusting the dampers from inside the car rather than get out and do it myself?  unless i get the active 

First real time of getting coilovers had springs before but not coilovers and not on a "proper" car ;) haha so sorry for all the questions :D

If you want different spring rates just tell Tony @ fensport or Mark @ Abbey, whoever you choose to buy through and they can do the leg work talking to Tein for you :) The cost won't be less, but it shouldn't be more. Atleast i'm yet to be told of any additional costs. Might be worth noting they have all had the rebound adjusted from stock street flex also... Whether this has been adjusted as standard or not i'm not sure. It's something i've asked tony to check with mine.

If you've going to get EDFC you may aswell get the EDFC Active pro. EDFC Active pro is adjustable on the move. I'm just going to have it added at a later date I think.

That's good then. Im not getting them yet need to do some saving up first :( first thing on the list tho. Alloys can wait for now.

Car shall be stock for a good few months but nothing wrong with that :)

The 20% increase in rebound damping on the rear was only done for mine and Dave's cars on Adrian's advice. This is not standard now as such as far as I'm aware. 

EDFC Active Pro is a lot more than just being able to adjust damper stiffness (bump & rebound together) in the car. It's active has G-force sensors longitudinally and laterally as well as GPS for speed so you can program in what you want it to do at user defined settings for both ways of G and speed independently of each other. You have ten presets. 

http://www.tein.com/products/edfc_active_pro.html

B9D4AC81-34F8-4A98-B9E3-711CB564A7BE.jpg

Purple wheels should go well with a white car :) I have until next week anyway before I find out :)

Coilover wise I can't recommend the BC's enough, for me at least, they are perfect, yet to take it on track though.

Welcome to the drivers club

people stop leading me down a bad path of bright wheels haha  :rolleyes:  theres too many boy racers round here with them 

Well ive got a few things to pay off before i can get my coilies, however i hope to meet alot of people before i purchase so i can try peoples different cars with different makes :) 

Obscure wheels ftw :) not boy racer at all :)

When I next get to Sheffield I'll happily make a detour to Mansfield so you can try the BC's in mine, the teins will be another step up I reckon

awesome :) will have to let me know next time your heading my way :)

Welcome along Adam, I have black wheels, but to be fair mine is orange :-)

Hi faith, yh ive seen your thread on the dark side ;) haha

a lot of nice mods youve done and i like them as most of subtle mods :)

Hello amigo! Welcome. I'm laity. Bright colours stickers big pipes! :)

haha  maybe so many bright colours but there shall be some stickers and big pipes when i get around to it  :D

BAD News !!  

right so from my dad always having classic minis (family thing haha)  hes had a couple 206s as run arounds and sensible MPV Citroen C4.

Drove past their house this morning and saw a mk1 audi tt.   Hmm strange who's is that.

Called in to say hi, then he says its his!  i asked  190 or 225 model.   he said the 225 quatro and smiled :'(

this means i now have to mod so mine is over 225 and quicker again 

bloody parents spoil all the fun :P 

I wouldn't worry too much. An Audi TT is going to weigh more so proportionately it won't be any quicker really. It will have a worse power to weight ratio being 200kgs heavier. 

Hi faith, yh ive seen your thread on the dark side ;) haha

a lot of nice mods youve done and i like them as most of subtle mods :)

Cheers Adam, still got a few more things in the pipeline :-)

I won't have to do much new filter exhaust and remap would see atleast 210 and with the torque dip gone should almost match his 0-60 of 6.6 hopefully

0-60 will be considerably less than that, capable of around 6 secs. TT's aren't that quick. Like Lauren said, they are heavy :D

I kept up with a new TT TFSI (208bhp) without a problem, though it was pretty even. These are about the same weight as the GT, but your dad's car is 200kg heavier and will be slower as a result. I was a fair bit quicker on the roundabouts though which helped me gain on him all the way up the straights. 

I'm sure Alec will be on at some point to explain how awful the TT drives as he was given one as a courtesy car while his was being repaired. Plus you said mk1 right, fugly things, very hair dressers, much prefer the new style.

Adam - there is a 'trackday Saturday' at Blyton Park day before the TSS round on 20th July when a load of us will be there, including Rob (s/c) and myself (t/c).

Passengers are allowed, so if you (or any other owner) feels like a taster it could be worth coming along..

See you at Cosday next week..

Spec K