Deacon

Cobra cat back non res db readings

Yes, as Rob said, I have the resontated cobra catback system but I've also had the 2nd CAT deleted, however, even though I've had the 2nd CAT removed which typically increase the volume of the systems, my last trackday was at Cadwell Park and I'm sure I got 89db which I was really surprised about....I thought it might have been a lil higher.....though it might be on drive bys rather than static tests at around 5500rpm.

Yes, as Rob said, I have the resontated cobra catback system but I've also had the 2nd CAT deleted, however, even though I've had the 2nd CAT removed which typically increase the volume of the systems, my last trackday was at Cadwell Park and I'm sure I got 89db which I was really surprised about....I thought it might have been a lil higher.....though it might be on drive bys rather than static tests at around 5500rpm.

For me its hard to see how the cobra system has the label of being so loud. Not heard one in person. I got a cobra non res front pipe with a 200cell cat but with a de cat manifold and even now I think I'm not that loud. Maybe its the rest of the cobra system. We should get the dB tester out at abbey tomorrow since I'm planning some track time to. Keith I hope your there want to hear your pipes dude. I like loud ; ) I cant say if there is much of a difference in dB from a res to a non res , the resonated for me just gave me a deeper tone and after a swapped to the non res it gave me a true ricer sound top end that high pitched rev. Love it. But on the swap out I de catted my manifold so really my view might me pointless as the car got much louder. Lol

The cobra is probably the loudest system. 

The cobra system, decated + non-resonated is definitely loud. I think we've heard them peak at 108dB before. 

I get 98db non-res with decanted front pipe. So I should imagine the cat back system non-res is quieter. 

Here is a video of mine the week i got it all fitted. It got a little more tame after a few miles on the system...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyljbHml0pE

just picked up a HKS system,

this will be fitted next month when I have an Ecutek to reduce start up retard,

rest of the system is 2.5" over pipe and 2.5" resonated 2nd cat replacement.

I will provide feedback.

Stephen

Mine was noise tested at Croft last weekend, at 5,250rpm she was under 95db

My 3" AVO system (no exhaust manifold cats, replacement hi-flow second cat) was tested at Snet (87db) and at Croft (83db)

I shall be trying a prototype AVO mid pipe with a resonator shortly... should make a difference, as at the moment it does get progressively louder on track as the welly goes down..

As I mentioned in another thread, noise is now a headline issue at a number of circuits.. what is acceptable on the road is no longer guaranteed to be acceptable at Snet, Croft, Rockingham, Mallory, etc.

Spec K

Rockingham is going to be another 102db limit...

I managed to get 98db at Snet and 99 at Croft... hope they don't lower the Rockingham one now :huh:

Not as loud as Pitman with 101.8db though and a request to change the exhaust if he's going to do another round :lol:

The key is what the car is on driveby.When they tested mine static at 5,500 rpm it was 89 dbs and yet i was told twice by the javelin marshal that i would not be allowed to continue in the events with the excessive noise developed on driveby.Apparently the meter was at the end of the first straight where i had to select 2nd and full load to pull me round the complx of chicanes, thats where the complaints were coming from. 

I kick myself for not enquiring what actually the reading was though. :angry: