Jump to content
Deacon

Deacons '86

Recommended Posts

You've piqued my interest with the 7" Eonon unit.  It's on eBay for £179 - is that the one?  Good price for an Android 9 unit.

What connector adapters did you need or did everything come with the kit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MartinT said:

You've piqued my interest with the 7" Eonon unit.  It's on eBay for £179 - is that the one?  Good price for an Android 9 unit.

What connector adapters did you need or did everything come with the kit?

I think they only do two 7" Android 9 versions so could be the one you've seen on eBay?

I reused the adapters, etc from the 10.1" version - links are posted earlier in this post 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers, I'll take a look for the links.

EDIT: the 7" unit is the Eonon GA2176UK.

Both the fitting kit FKIT-TOYOTA-65 and USB cable adapter CTTOYOTAUSB are available on eBay meaning that you can order the whole lot on eBay and use your Nectar points!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MartinT said:

Cheers, I'll take a look for the links.

EDIT: the 7" unit is the Eonon GA2176UK.

Both the fitting kit FKIT-TOYOTA-65 and USB cable adapter CTTOYOTAUSB are available on eBay meaning that you can order the whole lot on eBay and use your Nectar points!

The GA2176UK is the one I have. The other 7" one is Android 10 not 9, my mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collected some new wheels today.

IMG_20200208_123102__01.thumb.jpg.da8fd42efe5171868d1b212f750b8804.jpg

IMG_20200208_123031__01.thumb.jpg.65f5e38452a1748b1ca5d7033722d1de.jpg

IMG_20200208_130158_222.thumb.jpg.b0a3ef782e30720afbb40014cff8e6ca.jpg

They're Enkei RPF1's in 18x9.5" et38 and weigh 8.076kg a corner which, Google suggests, is the same as Rays TE37's in this size so they're definitely a nice lightweight wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After collecting the wheels the car was filthy (Waze sent me down what effectively became a dirt track) so I gave the car a quick clean as I'd put my summer / track wheels on when I got back and they were the only clean bit!

I got a new snowfoam just before Christmas - Bear Car Care Glacier and I must say I'm very impressed. First time I used it the foam was still on the drive and in the street the next day!

IMG_20200208_154317.jpg.ab0ed285b4c7f791fe25634797377f6a.jpg

IMG_20200208_154332.jpg.881e514b94b271b3c68f387d178cc46b.jpg

IMG_20200208_154303.jpg.10496ffa94548e794660ad69051a91a5.jpg

Went out later and the foam is still on the driveway

IMG_20200208_171441.jpg.077657569dd44406e58d30bf335ff8aa.jpg

And some of the mud I removed!

IMG_20200208_171629.jpg.1deefc2418833cee62b8b4fea4f38ded.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, Deacon said:

Cloth arrived for trimming the extra centre cushion for the new seat I'm waiting on.

Have to see who gets their seat first!

Wheels look great. Is your plan to use them as track wheels? What's happening to the Konig's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, James18 said:

Have to see who gets their seat first!

Wheels look great. Is your plan to use them as track wheels? What's happening to the Konig's?

Fingers crossed they'll be ready for next week.

Plan is that the RPF1's will be fitted with some Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports and used as road and track wheels. Konig's will have some AR1's fitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MartinT said:

Thanks for your help on the Eonon head unit.  I've just ordered a 7" model with the Subaru fitting kit (different from the Toyota one).  Should be fun to install!

Another big thanks for Jeff for his offer and help with the head unit on Saturday. 

I was thinking of changing mine and seeing Jeffs in situ was a big help 

 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MartinT said:

Thanks for your help on the Eonon head unit.  I've just ordered a 7" model with the Subaru fitting kit (different from the Toyota one).  Should be fun to install!

 

16 minutes ago, 3card said:

Another big thanks for Jeff for his offer and help with the head unit on Saturday. 

I was thinking of changing mine and seeing Jeffs in situ was a big help 

 

Thanks again

Happy to help you both 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyres ordered today for the Enkei's. I've taken a bit of a punt and gone with Maxxis Victoria Sport VS5's in 245/35/18.

I chose these for a few reasons. In the Evo tyre test just gone they said they would have been the winning tyre but they didn't include them in the overall result due to them not being available for supply independently which the test rules require. They've also done very well in a recent TUV test and a recent Whatcar Australia test where they came joint third behind the Eagle F1 Supersports in second and the PS4S's in first (which would have been my number 1 choice had they been available in the right sizes). The final selling point is that they were £43 a corner cheaper than the same size Eagle F1 Supersports so, if the performance is anywhere near the tyres they've been tested against and the test results are accurate, they have the potential to be an absolute steal.

I'm hoping they'll be on for Bedford on the 21st so they'll get a thorough try out on both road and track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

They look huge!

 

Bet they will look ace and offer some good grip B)

 

Any weight penalty over your previous setups?

18x9.5" and weigh in at 8kg so unless the VS5's are stupidly heavy they should be lighter than the other set ups I've used despite being much bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deacon said:

 

 

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

18x9.5" and weigh in at 8kg so unless the VS5's are stupidly heavy they should be lighter than the other set ups I've used despite being much bigger.

These were on my shopping list when I was looking for wheels. Same size as mine, same size tyres too except mine weigh 9.2 a corner! 

Looking at your pictures makes me wonder if I made the right choice 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×