Darrin

Just bought my first 86.

Hello everyone, I’m Darrin and I’ve just bought the car I’ve always wanted.

I’ve always had sensible, family type cars on PCP deals.

Then suddenly lost my dad, inherited a little bit of money and thought - life is too short.

So, much to the wife’s dismay, last Saturday I bought an 86.

To be fair, we only have one teenage lad and she has an Evoque to run us all around in - so I think she’s just jealous.

My lad loves it and I’m clearly the coolest dad on the school run!

I’ve joined the club because I know nothing about the cars except they look fantastic and handle like a dream.

I hope to get out to some meets during the year to have a nosey at everyone else’s.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Darrin.

33b179830007fe2ce2ac09f2984053fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome buddy. There is a plethora of information on here about the twins, plus a bunch of good & helpful people! Your in a good place with a great car.

Welcome, Darrin. Enjoy your car.

Sent from my Oppo X3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Martin - it’s the first car I’ve owned in a long time that makes me just want to go out for a drive.

Welcome buddy. There is a plethora of information on here about the twins, plus a bunch of good & helpful people! Your in a good place with a great car.

Cheers Mac - I’m really looking forward to learning a bit about the car and the scene.

Bright rust 2017s with no rear spoiler represent! Not many of them out there i don't think.

I have noticed a few folk comment on the lack of rear spoiler - is that because it wasn’t spec’ed in 2017?

On 4/4/2022 at 6:23 PM, Darrin said:

I have noticed a few folk comment on the lack of rear spoiler - is that because it wasn’t spec’ed in 2017?

That’s exactly the same spec I bought brand new back in 2017. They did two trim levels back then. A GT86 which is what yours is and a GT86 pro which gained half leather and perforated alcantara interior with heated seats and alcantara door trim. Plus the black aluminium boot spoiler and a sat nav stereo.
I wasn’t fussed about the seats and didn’t like the boot spoiler so saved myself £2k and bought the same one as you. I’ve have since added a 5 axis boot lip spoiler as I think it finishes off the rear of the car nicely. 
Enjoy. 

That’s exactly the same spec I bought brand new back in 2017. They did two trim levels back then. A GT86 which is what yours is and a GT86 pro which gained half leather and perforated alcantara interior with heated seats and alcantara door trim. Plus the black aluminium boot spoiler and a sat nav stereo. I wasn’t fussed about the seats and didn’t like the boot spoiler so saved myself £2k and bought the same one as you. I’ve have since added a 5 axis boot lip spoiler as I think it finishes off the rear of the car nicely. 

Enjoy. 

Interesting. I didn’t realise they did that. I have half leather seats and have heated seats, a Sat nav stereo, alcantara door trim (and dash).

Have you a photo of the 5 axis boot lip spoiler fitted on your car?

My log book states GT86 Pro D-4S.

So I’m thinking it’s a pro but for some reason doesn’t have the spoiler.

2 hours ago, Darrin said:

Interesting. I didn’t realise they did that. I don’t have half leather seats but I do have heated seats, a Sat nav stereo, alcantara door trim (and dash). Have you a photo of the 5 axis boot lip spoiler fitted on your car?

My log book states GT86 Pro D-4S. So I’m thinking it’s a pro but for some reason doesn’t have the spoiler.

That's exactly the same spec as mine.

edit/ sorry no i've got the half leather seats. So everything about the Pro that Luke wrote but minus the spoiler

That's exactly the same spec as mine.
edit/ sorry no i've got the half leather seats. So everything about the Pro that Luke wrote but minus the spoiler

Yeah me too - I just edited mine! I have the half leather seats. So it looks like a pro without a spoiler. What does the D-4S mean?

So far as I know you couldn’t order a pro without the boot spoiler, however they might of had a friendly dealer who swapped the boot for a non spoiler version. Either way here is my non pro with the boot lip spoiler. 

001D94E2-900D-4994-AFAC-CBB43F01A932.jpeg