Sign in to follow this  
Lauren

Banned from Dan's forum for what exactly?

Sorry Rich but I feel very bitter and twisted by my 'ban' from the other Forum (which is the second time for me!). Other than registering this company (which is limited by guarantee with all profits ploughed back into it for the benefit of Members) and remaining a 'Trustee shareholder' I have nothing to do with its management or daily/weekly development. As agreed when my previous ban was lifted I have not discussed nor brought up the matter subsequently on his 'Forum' - yet he still decides to screw me today! Why? The company management is in the hands of its directors, not me. I own shares in a number of companies and would ask a relevant question - would Tescos ban me from shopping in their store if I owned Morrison shares? Or if I owned the little grocery shop next door? What have I done to 'damage' him or his money-making schemes? Does Dan really believe he has a monopoly over the name 'GT86 Owners'? If he does, why didn't he protect it as a registered company? Or any of his other 50-odd 'Forums' ? To get an email today which says "I have therefore decided to..." and then have the discourtesy/rudeness not to sign it by name but send it from 'info@gt86ownersforum' is about as badly-mannered as I have encountered in over 40 years of business/social dealings. No - not 'badly-mannered' - it shows someone is a retard. I have done more to support and build the 'social' side of his fscking Forum than anyone else - who organised the Autosport Show for 'members' last January? Who has organised two 'Essex Meets', the last one a blinder karting? Who has organised/negotiated the 'BHP Festival' at Lydden next year for all GT86 owners? Who has enthused about the TSS series and took the first plunge at it, encouraging the largest turnout at Blyton Park? (And yes - Toyota *ARE* aware of my influence, hence my hints on his Forum regarding BHP...) . I do hope someone will have the courage to post this reply on Dan's Forum - such childish and immature reaction is cutting one's nose off to spite one's face. Spec K

Guest Guest
Yes' date=' maybe, but considering that they are in a position where by Stu's own admission it probably wasn't worth having a stand at JAE, I was merely offering them a plan B. I hadn't mentioned it up until that point.We are unable to defend ourselves and that really is a very poor show. They are making up stuff, to make us look bad. I really can't be bothered to counter argue.I fully expect that Stu will not show his face at JAE now anyway. Shame that as I would have gone over and had a chat just to see what he's like in real life in comparison to how he acts on the forum. As for Dan, well we'll never see him at a show will we?We need some help with cross posting events, I don't think they can stop that. [/quote']A quick refresh..... you offered us the IMOC stand originally, Stu politely refused as we were going to try and do it on our own so then you all boycotted going through that forum. Unreasonable, much? To then re-offer the IMOC stand, when it was clear that the only people that were going were from here, was a blatant fingers up gesture that ruffled a few feathers, mine included if I'm honest.Stu isn't likely to be going to JAE. I know him well and he's not the enemy you all think he is.I'm not here to shit stir, I am just an owner that loves my car and enjoy meeting people that are the same hence why I'm signed up. I'm sure that there will be members events from here that I will attend.

he might also wanted to mention that the BHP Lydden event is back on the forum and that all the banned people are no longer on the list, for those that had signed on already.just letting you guys (and gal) know

I really am sorry that you feel that way Steve and I am sure that this would be same from everyone here that that was not our intention. This club was already in the works since Jap Fest, JAE was just a good goal to reach and to have something set up by. This was definitely not a finger up to any of you who are enthusiastically running the other forum. Lauren offered the whole club to join the IMOC there like she did with any of the other events, that's what she does, she wants to enjoy the company of as many other owners as possible, just like the rest of us, and when it seemed like the people from the other forum weren't going to be able to attend due to numbers, it definitely wasn't to ruffle anyone's feathers, we just wanted to offer a hand to those who still wanted to attend but couldn't.

Agree, no offence was intended. I was actually hoping we could all attend BHP as one large group hence why Keith said there was no club backing... He wanted to keep it neutral, but alas, things got blown out of proportion. Oh well, hopefully we shall meet again some day!

Offering a plan B for the othner forum to attend JAE was never meant as shoving my fingers in Dan's and STu's face. IF that is how it is was perceived, I give up. Sorry for short reply IE8 is just totally incompatible with this forum.

This is classic. If you message www.gt86.org.uk on the other forum, it's auto edited to briskoda.netDon't know if it's just for pm's or proper posts! Unbelievable and a somewhat underhand thing to do...

Yes, very petty, but tbh, I've learnt to expect no less. I might suggest that this isn't the first time this has happened to Dan. He will of course do what he feels is necessary to protect his interests.

Guest Guest

Shiny, its been that way for a while. It is under review though. None of this is about protecting Dan's interests BTW.

Shiny' date=' its been that way for a while. It is under review though. None of this is about protecting Dan's interests BTW.[/quote']Well it is, he told me this himself? :confused:

Shiny' date=' its been that way for a while. It is under review though. None of this is about protecting Dan's interests BTW.[/quote']Of course it is. The reasons for his forum is to generate himself an income. I'd call that protecting his interest. He generates profit from advertising revenue and traders. That is no secret.

Guest Guest

Conflict of interest doesn't necessarily mean money. Setting up an identically named website may constitute to that.FWIW I'm trying to come up with a way of working together and I think SpecialK may have a good idea. I'm sure, however, that none of you would even contemplate my idea as it could mean shacking up with "the enemy".What a petty bunch us owners are ay!?

Conflict of interest doesn't necessarily mean money. Setting up an identically named website may constitute to that.FWIW I'm trying to come up with a way of working together and I think SpecialK may have a good idea. I'm sure' date=' however, that none of you would even contemplate my idea as it could mean shacking up with "the enemy".What a petty bunch us owners are ay!?[/quote']Identically named site?GT86.org.uk is not identical, furthermore the club name has also changed... It just visually hasn't taken effect yet.As a matter of fact we have/are contemplating the idea. It wouldn't mean "shacking up with the enemy" it would mean "shacking up with gt86 owners" seeing as Dan clearly wouldn't be in attendance. Not petty at all IMO

Many of us hope the same. Others are less than enthusiastic.. and I can understand that, it's not pleasant being shat on from a dizzy height without warning or an umbrella... :(.However, I am confident that any decision over co-operation will be carefully considered by the Club's directors.Spec K

To be fair Steve, we have discussed and are currently addressing the naming of the club. It is all in progress and will be sorted very shortly. I sincerely doubt that in doing so this will lessen the hostility that has been experienced, but in all honesty I want our club to be obviously different from Dan's forum. We are interested in moving on, not dwelling on petty arguments that can't seem to be resolved.None of the above means we can't work together when it comes to events.

Guest Guest

The naming I was aware of. The proposal that I put to Keith yesterday I also put to Dan and he was keen and actually made a good suggestion himself. Everyone gets what they want etc. and ALL owners benefit.I see the ball in your court now..... I can only help so far. I hope that you all prove me right in what your goals are for the club and not to be selfish.

Steve - I suggest that you make Rob/Lauren/Keethos/Alec aware of Dan's/your suggestions - I have made my position clear and will co-operate fully with whatever the Club's management decides. Spec K

Guest Guest

Happily, but maybe out of public domain. If someone wants to PM me and pass on the message to the board for discussion then my inbox awaits....