itsuki

BEWARE! Tuning Developments are scammers

There was myself and afew others who knew about how TD was up to shady stuff.

I've owned my 86 for about 3 years and have known about this for the past 2 years. I never ever made a thread about it simply because TD had almost a cult like status and anything negative you said about then would get shot down.

Poor parts, poor design, awful quality. Stories of Mike scamming and extorting other owners of this car platform. There are countless stories about his shady practice and even instances where he had over charged his customers only to later stitch himself up and go quiet on people.

His constant reply of 'the courier has it' and 'I'm packaging the item today'. All of these kinds of messages and then not providing tracking numbers etc is just lies when really he hasn't done anything.

Even regarding his forged builds, other owners have questioned why he uses 'skunk2' conrods and his reply was simply 'most people for what they use it for will do fine with this type of rod's' knowing full well that it's a poor quality product - certainly a product he's willing to fit into your engine but not his own.

But his actions have consequences and I'm glad people can finally see how he conducts his business.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. I've never been a fan of TD and the whole community went to them because their products were CHEAP. No one once said , you get what you pay for but that old adage holds true. Their product engineering was crude , tolerances poor. What was supposedly good was customer service but even that seems to not hold up. Atleast people now know and will be cautious or avoid!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

On 4/8/2022 at 12:34 PM, Neil-h said:

Same, I’ve not got any updates either. My bank were happy I’ve done everything I can so it’s just a case of waiting for the chargeback process to run it’s course.

Were you successful at the end? 

Yup, i've not had anything else from my bank since they refunded the money and the 45 days TD had to challenge it is long gone. So i either they decideded not to or simply didn't reply, who knows. Going by the google reviews they still aren't answering the phone/emails so i'd assume the latter lol.

It's a shame tbh as up to this point i'd had reasonable dealings with Mike but hey ho.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, KevinA said:

I have been in touch with Mike and they are moving premises right now, there is a lot to do with Rolling Roads and stock etc...

All I can advise is to be as patient as possible, I will post here when I have more info.

Bit of a thread bump, but is it safe to order from TD again yet?

I'm after an MTEC clutch spring and unfortunately, TD seems to be the only supplier in the UK. They have it listed on their website but the checkout function doesn't seem to be working. They also have it in their eBay shop so was going to try there. But it's more expensive there for some reason and there's a raft of poor reviews citing much the same as here (money taken when nothing in stock, no comms, etc)

The only other place to order is direct from US sites...but it's just a spring and so far the shipping is twice the price of the item.