Daninplymouth

TD resonated centre pipe

Hi, not sure what category to put this in as it isn’t strictly a for sale post.

im looking at quieting down my TD resonated exhaust I still find it to loud now after having the manifold fitted. So debating on buying their super res centre pipe or just getting a bigger silencer welded in.

Would there be any demand for just selling the mid pipe? 

38 minutes ago, Daninplymouth said:

Hi, not sure what category to put this in as it isn’t strictly a for sale post.

im looking at quieting down my TD resonated exhaust I still find it to loud now after having the manifold fitted. So debating on buying their super res centre pipe or just getting a bigger silencer welded in.

Would there be any demand for just selling the mid pipe? 

Might be interested dependant on price & condition

Putting their super resonated pipe in will make your exhaust quieter, it's a longer silencer made specifically for this purpose. I'm sure you could sell it so I would say this would qualify as a for sale post, but it's obviously still on your car at the moment! 

Or you could just drive your car for a few weeks and see if you still think it's too loud then. I had much the same feelings when I had my manifold, decat pipe and resonated system fitted at TD, but after a few weeks I got used to it and decided to leave it as is. 

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Putting their super resonated pipe in will make your exhaust quieter, it's a longer silencer made specifically for this purpose. I'm sure you could sell it so I would say this would qualify as a for sale post, but it's obviously still on your car at the moment! 

Or you could just drive your car for a few weeks and see if you still think it's too loud then. I had much the same feelings when I had my manifold, decat pipe and resonated system fitted at TD, but after a few weeks I got used to it and decided to leave it as is. 

I have had it on for 5-6 weeks now, some days I love it but others it actually leaves my ears ringing (must be getting old) plus the other half doesn’t like it much.

i think iv asked TD before about purchasing a mid pipe separately but think it was something like £250 I really don’t want to spend that much so I’m guessing it’ll be a lot cheaper to get a local exhaust place to weld a new resonator in but if someone wanted to buy the resonated mid pipe then i would be tempted to order the part from TD so just trying to weigh up my options as don’t want to spend £250 then get stuck with a mid pipe 

I felt exactly the same as you, the resonated pipe was just too loud and drony on the motorway.  The super-resonated, on the other hand, works well and retains a sense of decorum while driving.  It's still quite loud, but your head will feel better after a long drive.

I bought the SR pipe for £250 and sold the resonated for just over £100, so it wasn't expensive to get the sound I wanted.

23 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I felt exactly the same as you, the resonated pipe was just too loud and drony on the motorway.  The super-resonated, on the other hand, works well and retains a sense of decorum while driving.  It's still quite loud, but your head will feel better after a long drive.

I bought the SR pipe for £250 and sold the resonated for just over £100, so it wasn't expensive to get the sound I wanted.

Thanks is there a noticeable difference between the 2? Is it much quieter lower down the Rev range say under 4000rpm? 

For me there was a noticeable quietening of the racket at all revs. It's now nice, I love hearing it, without being embarrassing.  Give it a week and it gets quieter as it cokes up a little. 

19 minutes ago, MartinT said:

For me there was a noticeable quietening of the racket at all revs. It's now nice, I love hearing it, without being embarrassing.  Give it a week and it gets quieter as it cokes up a little. 

Thanks Martin think il get on the phone tomorrow to TD

If you have the OEM resonator pipe, it might be worth popping that back in to see if that reduces the noise to your liking. I have always wondered, the additional value a cat back adds over axleback.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk