alucardo

Alucardo's 86 Road / Track

Lauren, yours are correct.

This makes me think mine are on the wrong way round now. However as they've been on well over 12months I couldn't careless anymore.ce27b61cd99b9cba791309c3f462a064.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is the correct way round.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1.jpg.446e28b73b8756ca346d6ef4f4959a29.jpg[mention=247]will300[/mention] Yours are this way but I believe yours are AP disks so I guess its more down to which way the cooling veins are on this disk
If these are AP they are wrong!

My guess is tuning developments are putting them on the wrong way becuase the Ksport go on that way. With AP discs the cooling will be affected as the vanes with be the wrong way.

With the Reyland being straight vaned Id imagine there will be no real difference other than the surface groove can push the pad up a little and cause a slight knock(Mine does not with the braking I have done so far normal stop and start stuff).

44 minutes ago, alucardo said:

With the Reyland being straight vaned Id imagine there will be no real difference other than the surface groove can push the pad up a little and cause a slight knock(Mine does not with the braking I have done so far normal stop and start stuff).

It's up to you of course. If it was me I'd get them on the right way round. 

22 hours ago, Ade said:

If these are AP they are wrong!

@will300 - ive been looking in to this as I had a feeling the straight grooves were the opposite way. The G8 groove you have (assuming you have the CP3580) goes the other way so yours are correct.

https://www.apracing.com/drawings/cp3580-2900~1cd.pdf

@Lauren has the CG8 face, same as mine, which the grooves fallow the contour of the internal cooling vanes. So they are correct. 

@alucardo - as your are a carbon copy of the AP CG8 face, then yours looks the wrong way round to me.

Sorry to worry you! 

I did blyton park outer yesterday with the new brake setup and some tuition. They are great absolutely superb all day, solid pedal no fade great feel for modulation while trail braking. According to some friends I was lapping around 1.20-1.22 in the morning which I thought was ok but not having much to compare to I looked online and saw Tiff N did it in 1.12 which is crazy fast. I believe I got quicker throughout the day but need more practice.
Overall great day with lots of sunshine first thing and cloud cover later on.

I do not have any video of the day, I really need to invest in some. A few friends may have some footage I may post at some point.

So thanks to @will300 and @Ade for recommending the brakes they have basically sorted that issue for the foreseeable future.

2j4An1c.jpg

When tiff did his lap the the 1st corner was different and the EVO mag didnt have the wiggle.

For reference Tashan did a 1m17s on PS4s in an N/A car which will be pretty quick.

36 minutes ago, Ade said:

When tiff did his lap the the 1st corner was different and the EVO mag didnt have the wiggle.

For reference Tashan did a 1m16s on PS4s in an N/A car which will be pretty quick.

That makes sense on Tiffs time.

1.16 is bloody quick in a GT86, must obtain more talent and practice.

20 minutes ago, alucardo said:

Ive corrected the time as it was 1m 17s but it was his 1st time there :lol: @TTR but it was a warm summer day so will be probably a couple seconds quicker than a cold winter (okay just about spring) trackday.

I did a 1m 15.8s but I was on AD08Rs and Supercharged and it was about 20-25C that day.

12 minutes ago, alucardo said:

Think I need to get some recording equipment for the car.
Any recommendations from anyone as I do not want to spend a fortune?

Ive got a Transcend Drive Pro200 (used to make the above video) which ive recently upgraded to a GoPro Hero 4.

If you want to buy the Drive pro200 its like new basically and has various suction and mounting bits. Let me know if interested and I can send pics ect..

2 hours ago, alucardo said:

If you want to see if you're quick at Blyton why not do the TSS round there?

2 hours ago, Ade said:

Ive corrected the time as it was 1m 17s but it was his 1st time there :lol: @TTR but it was a warm summer day so will be probably a couple seconds quicker than a cold winter (okay just about spring) trackday.

I did a 1m 15.8s but I was on AD08Rs and Supercharged and it was about 20-25C that day.

Should be able to beat that this year with ease ;). I hope :lol:. Track was pretty green though, it'd pissed down with rain an hour earlier! 

29 minutes ago, Lauren said:

If you want to see if you're quick at Blyton why not do the TSS round there?

I did think about it for a while but the £ to track time is much worse than a trackday. I spent 130 notes including insurance for a full day open pit. TSS sits at blyton sits at 140 at the moment and I imagine 5 runs roughly for the day.
If they where to do sprints in the morning and a trackday in the afternoon Id be tempted.

However Im still thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, alucardo said:

I did think about it for a while but the £ to track time is much worse than a trackday. I spent 130 notes including insurance for a full day open pit. TSS sits at blyton sits at 140 at the moment and I imagine 5 runs roughly for the day.
If they where to do sprints in the morning and a trackday in the afternoon Id be tempted.

However Im still thinking about it.

If it remains at 45 or so entries, you'll get all 6 at Blyton. 8 was never an issue at Blyton so 6 should be easily possible. Still, a track day is a lot better value now...

9 minutes ago, TTR said:

Should be able to beat that this year with ease ;). I hope :lol:. Track was pretty green though, it'd pissed down with rain an hour earlier! 

Your excuses are getting better but you forgot to mention your knackered pads :P

13 minutes ago, KevinA said:

I may just have to do a track day and dispose the myth that TSS drivers are only quick for one lap :P

I've never heard this myth! You were mr consistent when I was a passenger in your car at Blyton. :wub: DZ03s