Sign in to follow this  
RichM

Going to be looking for a GT86 in november

Hello all.

i just wanted to putout there that I'll be looking to buy a GT86 in november. I'll be looking at older cars with a budget of £12-13k

will consider most colours except red/silver.

top choices would be white/ grey

if anyone is thinking of selling , please get in touch.

many thanks

Rich

Grey is like rocking horse poop. Also looks very dull compared to the other colours unless the sun's out - then, if it's clean it looks incredible. 

White looks better day to day but is a pearlescent paint which makes it difficult to touch up and match if you have bodywork done. 

Both have pros and cons. Went for grey myself in the end, but it took a long time for the right car to come up. 

Welcome aboard, good luck with your search for a car. Try and come to a few meets if you can as there is still a fair amount going on as we are still in summer, just. 

White is the most popular colour, so plenty around if that helps. :)

Thanks you all.

i would love to pop along to some meets but would be worried I'd be a tourist.

I do plan on modding the car and have some initial ideas on what I'd do depending on what colour I get so to see a few together would be great as they are virtually non existent around here.

historically, I've bought from a dealership and part exchanged as I've wanted the warranty and have accepted the trade value but from what I understand, these cars are pretty bullet proof and therefore I would much rather buy from someone who has owned and loved their car as I believe I'd get a more honest vehicle.

When i have bought from dealers, I've had to take the last 3 cars back as they have been prepped poorly and had shoddy smart repairs done which are only apparent when you first wash the car.

my current car is a 2010 Audi A3 sportback black edition 2.l fsi s tronic which is a great car and I would need to sell this first in order to fund the gt86 so my hopes are I find someone that is in the planning stages Selling so we could work out the timings together.

i honestly can't wait to get back to a car I can fettle with and have even considered cat d's which I could buy now but I'm putting my grown up pants on and trying to hang out for the right car this time round

2 hours ago, Lowe said:

Grey is like rocking horse poop. Also looks very dull compared to the other colours unless the sun's out - then, if it's clean it looks incredible. 

White looks better day to day but is a pearlescent paint which makes it difficult to touch up and match if you have bodywork done. 

Both have pros and cons. Went for grey myself in the end, but it took a long time for the right car to come up. 

Thanks. I hear what your saying about the grey, I had a modded grey mini clubman that had a load of "tastefully"placed carbon fibre on and the contrast was fantastic. I'd like to go the carbon root again so my thoughts are grey with carbon and matt bronze wheels would look pretty special.

colour matching the white doesn't concern me as unless it was panel work, I'd be painting any bolt ons myself.

10 minutes ago, will300 said:

Welcome Rich, we're doing a meet in September not to far from you, everyone is welcome:

I mean there's even a guy in a BMW coming... <_<

Thank you will.

Im off to Stratford in the morning that day so I may be able to swing by on my way back if the timings work. Do you know what time you anticipate being there till?

2 hours ago, RichM said:

Thanks you all.

i would love to pop along to some meets but would be worried I'd be a tourist.

Don't worry about that, it's all part of your research that will help when it comes to buying your car. We're a friendly bunch and it always pays to get some feedback from those who have owned the cars and are well aware of what to look out for. :)

7 hours ago, will300 said:

Table is booked till 3:30 so maybe 4ish.

That might work. I'll keep an eye out about any updates and I'll post in the thread closer the time if I can make it. Appriecate this very much

6 hours ago, Lauren said:

Don't worry about that, it's all part of your research that will help when it comes to buying your car. We're a friendly bunch and it always pays to get some feedback from those who have owned the cars and are well aware of what to look out for. :)

Thankyou Lauren. I am really pleased I started this thread now.