Keethos

TSS Round 5 Cadwell Park Sun 1st October

2 hours ago, Innersphere said:

Now that makes more sense @Steeps:)

What size panels would you suggest - A4 size ok, or maybe same width, double the length?

Get my magnetic sheet in various sizes and colours from Amazon

8 minutes ago, KevinA said:

Get my magnetic sheet in various sizes and colours from Amazon

It was the sizes I was after.  I could estimate from the picture, but estimating is a bit like assuming and we all know what that can do :lol:

Not to worry if you don't know - I will work it out somehow B)

I tried to get insurance on my sprint but my insurance said they don't cover track days; although it's technically not a track day. You should be the only car on track, I think they go off in 30 secs intervals. Think of it like a rally but it's on road and you don't have to do any Scandinavian flicks; although it might help :lol:

13 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

I tried to get insurance on my sprint but my insurance said they don't cover track days; although it's technically not a track day. You should be the only car on track, I think they go off in 30 secs intervals. Think of it like a rally but it's on road and you don't have to do any Scandinavian flicks; although it might help :lol:

I am more concerned about unintentional tank and subsequent barrier slappers due to my currently unverified skills in this car :blink:

Karts are so much more friendly :D

I know what you mean, luckily my first sprint was on an airfield so loads of run off... not sure what I would be running off into though as the grass was higher than the cars. The 'track' wasn't all that smooth either, quite bumpy in places; so at least with this Cadwell park it will be nice and smooth, your PS4's will be sticking to that like... umm something really sticky. 

But do what I did, don't turn any of the aids off; don't push hard trying to beat someone you don't know and just have fun. You can set yourself a realistic target just to give yourself something to aim for; my first lap I set 2mins 6secs so I thought I would set myself a target of under 2mins; considering it's my first ever track experience, never even done any karting before; still had the stock primacy's. So making up around 6 secs didn't seem like a ridiculous target. The last 2 runs I just broke the 2 mins. 

Edit: When I got home and viewed my dashcam, I could see where I was losing loads of time but I didn't care while I was there, was just doing it for fun. Although I was jealous of everyone getting medals except me, I had no chance of getting one being a complete newbie; maybe they should have had a newbie award :lol:

It's a long time since I've taken out competition insurance. I had to for somebody else's Formula Renault I was testing. I would reckon on it being around £200 for say £20K's insurance with a 10% excess. Cadwell is the best circuit on the calendar, it's the most technical. Not that much run off in places though. Just come and try it out, see what you think and you'll get an idea of your times compared to others in the class. There's quite a wide spread of times in the N1 class, so there are various battles going on throughout the field! 

Back again ;-)

If my tyres push me into the Pro class, doesn't that also come with a whole lot of extra regulations and requirements?  The TSS document seems to say yes?

If so, can I not just stay in the standard class and not have my results counted? I doubt they will be any good as I haven't seen the track or driven my car anywhere other than the road so far, so I have nothing to lose out on!

None that I know of. Things like roll cage are only need if you strip the interior around the driver which I assume you won't. Everything else is suggested and not a requirement. Me and Stu were in the Pro class last time around.

Anglesey last time out was my first time sprinting and seeing what the tss was like. Turned up not really knowing what I was doing but was guided though the day by everyone there and really enjoyed it. Left the day still not knowing what I was doing (more to do with my driving ability though after the timed runs😉). Really gratefully for all the friendly help on the day and was glad I gave it a go. Just gutted I can't make the next one 😢

9 hours ago, Mike said:

None that I know of. Things like roll cage are only need if you strip the interior around the driver which I assume you won't. Everything else is suggested and not a requirement. Me and Stu were in the Pro class last time around.

That would be useful, as I can't be spending more money on 'fixing' the car right now :) 

20 minutes ago, 八六車 said:

Anglesey last time out was my first time sprinting and seeing what the tss was like. Turned up not really knowing what I was doing but was guided though the day by everyone there and really enjoyed it. Left the day still not knowing what I was doing (more to do with my driving ability though after the timed runs😉). Really gratefully for all the friendly help on the day and was glad I gave it a go. Just gutted I can't make the next one 😢

Very encouraging, thank you for sharing that :)  I am certainly going to need all the help I can get!!

On a financial note, I thought I also saw something about 1/2 price for first timers?  Is that something on offer?  It would certainly help justify the cost of getting there, ruining some tyres and brakes :ph34r: 

7 hours ago, Innersphere said:

On a financial note, I thought I also saw something about 1/2 price for first timers?  Is that something on offer?  It would certainly help justify the cost of getting there, ruining some tyres and brakes :ph34r: 

Yes, half price for those that haven't done it before. Just email adrian@toyotasprint.com to get your code apparently. So it's a bargain. You won't get much tyre wear on a sprint really and the brakes shouldn't take too much of a bashing either. 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Yes, half price for those that haven't done it before. Just email adrian@toyotasprint.com to get your code apparently. So it's a bargain. You won't get much tyre wear on a sprint really and the brakes shouldn't take too much of a bashing either. 

Thanks Lauren, I have emailed Adrian, so hopefully all good and I will see some people there!  I look forward to being schooled ;-)

No worries, look forward to seeing you there. Are you coming up the day before? A number of us are staying at the Admiral Rodney in Horncastle, ought to be in the bar for around 2pm all being well. We'll be having dinner there too. :)

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

No worries, look forward to seeing you there. Are you coming up the day before? A number of us are staying at the Admiral Rodney in Horncastle, ought to be in the bar for around 2pm all being well. We'll be having dinner there too. :)

I will be up the day before, but don't know how my timing is going to work yet as I am coming across from Cumbria via Ilkley and don't know what time I will get over.  I am staying about 30 mins away from the circuit in Partney, so about 16 mins from Horncastle, so may be able to meet up.  I will be up with my wife and daughter, so need to consider this too :)

Off to Fensport earlier in the week to update my v3 remap to v10 and to make it sound a little different :rolleyes:

Well you are welcome if you want to join us for dinner. We normally dine around 7-7.30pm or so and will be well oiled by that point. Or pop over mid-late afternoon for a swift half. We won't be going anywhere. :)

Just now, Lauren said:

Well you are welcome if you want to join us for dinner. We normally dine around 7-7.30pm or so and will be well oiled by that point. Or pop over mid-late afternoon for a swift half. We won't be going anywhere. :)

Hahaha - well oiled indeed :D 

Thank you, will do my best to drop in and say hello!

I can't stay away! :rolleyes:

Been looking for onboard video in an 86 showing gears and speeds for corners and haven't found one in an NA car, so some ideas on corners, speeds and gears to be in would be a very useful start :)

Second thought of the day was that I will be driving across country with a car full of stuff.  I assume that a ) I will need to take said 'stuff' out the car for safety and b ) for weight :)?

So, bearing in mind I won't have a second car or anything there, where do I put everything?  Especially if it rains, which considering recent weather patterns, is likely!!!

Thanks

Cadwell paddock is fairly large and laid out well, most people usually rock up in the morning and dump their stuff out where they are parking as you usually try to park in the same place in between runs. Some people bring popup tents for their kit if it's raining, I don't usually have that much on track days so a suitcase with a bin liner over the top usually does me. Don't run with anything in the car you don't need  :)

The non-NA videos will still probably corner at the same speed if the tyres/suspension/conditions are the same, it's only the braking zones and exit gear that might need altering to your driving style.

8 hours ago, Innersphere said:

So, bearing in mind I won't have a second car or anything there, where do I put everything?  Especially if it rains, which considering recent weather patterns, is likely!!!

Thanks

Just put it in someone else's pop up tent, it's what I do. Or just find someone with a support vehicle and ask them. Sure that won't be a problem.