Sign in to follow this  
VAD17

Finally arrived

Finally my grey auto GT86 2017 arrived (after nearly 3 mths on the boat and over a week in the port ). After first 50 miles - fantastic, even better than the 2 test drives i recall.

Looking forward meeting you guys, particularly if there are any events close to SW London.

May not be the right place to ask, but

1. Does anyone know if 2017 version comes with reversing camera (mine does not have one, but brochure raves about touch2 with reversing camera). If not, any recommendation for aftermarket options (close to SW London if poss).

2. Would love to see cars with aftermarket turbo and SC, although with a new car and 5y warranty may take me some time to make up my mind (but "The Dip" is there indeed).

3. Any recommendations for a group 1-3 child car seat (my 2 yo had an eye on Ferrari, but had to settle for next best thing). But he demands the ride now...

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks, thats great. Shall i just get the ticket online and find you guys there?

Congratulations :) 

You don't have to jump into forced induction to make one of these cars drive much nicer. Naturally Aspirated modifications make a world of difference to the drive of an 86/BRZ :) 

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=502_625_852&products_id=2567

Thanks

Mike

1 hour ago, VAD17 said:

Thanks, thats great. Shall i just get the ticket online and find you guys there?

We should be sorting out some where to meet up and go in are you North or South London?

Oh sorry yes get your ticket online and print it 

4 hours ago, VAD17 said:

I am in Wimbledon, should be just over an hour via M25 from me

Get your name down on the list here 

I think the plan is to meet outside; but may be wrong. 

As for number 2, As Mike said; I think just a new manifold fixes that? although not certain on the benefits on the new models. 

Also, welcome and congratulations on purchase.  

4 hours ago, VAD17 said:

I am in Wimbledon, should be just over an hour via M25 from me

I guess you won't be coming over the Dartford Crossing then as soon as we sort out where to meet we will post it up

Thanks guys, got the tickets and will see you there. What time are you planning to arrive?

Right, first thoughts on potential mods

As a background - this is my weekend car, with estimated 3-4k miles p.a and hopefully 5-6 track days a year (and may be occasional long bank weekend trip to Wales or Cornwall). Main objective is to keep it comfortable on London and S&E roads and manage abovementioned occasional track day.

Will keep stock 17" wheels for now considering limited track plans (not sure 18" will make much difference for me apart from being able to fit larger brakes and tyres)

1. Brakes - thinking about replacing fronts with Tarox 328mm kit (grooved or japanese) and rear with Tarox disk and paint calipers to match fronts (red or black?). APs are just a lot more expensive - cant justify then considering limited track plans.

(Alternative is to keep stock for a while and just paint calipers or may be replace disks only).

2. Tyres - will keep stock, but let's see how they perform. Then will change to YokoV105 or Pilot Sport4.

3. Coilovers - good offers now at DemonTweaks. Was originally thinking about FlexAs, but tempted by KW Variant 3 (at £300 off). From reviews I like Bilstein B16, but wonder if thats ott for what I am after.

4. Cosmetics - just tint back and small sides, cant think of anything else for now (may be get black Toyota badges).

5. New exhaust and remap - thats probably for next year. Very tempted with TD offer, but its just so far north from South London . Will need to keep it reasonably quiet.

Would appreciate any recommendations/ thoughts and constructive criticism 😁2139aa03b08c830785a6f2d7e9c14217.jpg

It's new to you so run it and enjoy it for at least 12 months before you dive into mods. In my opinion the car is at its most fun during this period finding the limits and getting it sideways.