thetyrant

Tein Monosport or SRC owners ?

3 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Honestly though Flex A's would get my recommendation if you're mostly using the car on the road.

I am mostly using the car for the road. I guess I put Tein Flex A back at number 1 spot; I'll just have to eat magic mushrooms or something so the horrible green colour looks a different colour. 

Thanks. 

And sorry for highjacking your thread there. 

2 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

I am mostly using the car for the road. I guess I put Tein Flex A back at number 1 spot; I'll just have to eat magic mushrooms or something so the horrible green colour looks a different colour. 

Thanks. 

And sorry for highjacking your thread there. 

Once they're fitted you won't see it anyway 👍 😬

10 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Honestly though Flex A's would get my recommendation if you're mostly using the car on the road.

Did you not say that the Flex As had the propensity to get quite rusty though?

1 minute ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

Did you not say that the Flex As had the propensity to get quite rusty though?

Yes but most will with out crappy road salting. I'd give them a good coating in acf50 before fitting if I ever went with Teins (or anything else to be honest) again.

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

If you find the Street Flex ok you should definitely try the Flex A's - they're a considerable step up in ride quality.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with NigelR32's build but on his road car he had both the original ohlins kit and the flex A's and said he thought the flex A's were better for road use.

I would like to get a ride in a Flex A car as well if oppurtnity arrises to feel difference myself, however im pretty sure i will go Ohlins and tinker with spring rates if i feel the need but curious as to other setups as well.

What did you go for in the end?

I'm looking at getting a set of the TIEN Monosport in the new year for my car so would be keen to hear your opinion if you went with them.

8 hours ago, Sighe98 said:

What did you go for in the end?

I'm looking at getting a set of the TIEN Monosport in the new year for my car so would be keen to hear your opinion if you went with them.

I bought the Ohlins MP20 kit in the end as I wanted a more road focused setup, the Tein Monosport is by all accounts very good but I think probably a bit firm for the roads around me, the Ohlins kits uses quite a soft spring and just soaks up the bumps when damping is on softer settings yet still capable on track if damping is turned up, I did plan on fitting firmer springs but its a good allrounder as it is so haven't bothered.

It maybe coming off soon as car is going slowly back to stock so if your interested let me know ;)

Ian

Depends what you want the suspension for and how much comfort is a factor for you i guess, out of the box the Tein Monosport is more for track/smooth road use and very good at that from what ive read, works well enough on road but is quite a firm setup. 

The Ohlins MP20 kit i have is more for road/fast road/occasional track use and more compliant than the Tein kit for that reason as it runs a softer spring setup, as well as more compliant damping, however a spring change on the Ohlins is all that is needed to cope with serious track use if required as the damper valving is capable of handling much firmer springs if requried, i was going to change the springs but have found it pretty good allrounder as it is and with most of my usage being road/fastroad it has been perfect for me.

Ian