Neal

Manchester and Derbyshire show and shine meet.

Good afternoon all. 

Hope everyone in the gtrz world is well. 

I'm organising a show and shine meet with the options if food drink or possibly a bbq. 

The meet will have a friendly competition with two categories firstly the cleanest most polished and best presented car as voted by the attending club members. 

Secondly the best car as chosen by the landlord of the hosting establishment. Entry into the competition will be a pound with monies going to the charity Joe halliwell foundation in support of Cry cardiovascular risk in the young. 

Provided the entry numbers are high enough there will be a trophy for each winner. 

The establishment of choice will be the greyhound Inn at Warslow near Buxton.  I'm not organising a drive on this occasion but the roads to the pub are some of the best I've found. 

The date is yet to be confirmed in stone but will be either late April early May planning around the TSS round 2.

So I can liaise with the host could interested members let me know below. 

Friends and family are welcome and can enter the landlords choice competition if they want. 

Thanks for reading and your interest. 

Afternoon all.  

As things stand this show and shine event will be taking place on the 21st of May. 

I have requested menu's so everyone can get an idea of what what's available. 

I'm talking to the landlord about Reserving a good section of the car park. 

He has also agreed that small parts stalls may be welcome as long as transaction are kept near the show area. No parts in the pub. 

As it's a show and shine event I'm also talking to a couple of detailing companies see if they may be interested in a couple of demonstrations ie correct use of clay and mops for paint correction etc. Would anyone find this useful or have any requests. 

So it's less than a month to the show event. With most drivers at jap fest and their cars gleaming you are all well practiced in detailing.

Other news we have an event sponsor and head judge. Ben the ceo of Lawtomotive vehicle restoration and detailing has kindly agreed to come talking detailing and judge the competition. 

We are now looking for a company to supply potential raffle prizes in aid of  charity.