TheCaptain

Hello from surrey

Hey all, been a member over on gt86ownersclub thought I'd make an account here too, so just saying hello. 

I'm from around Sutton so will say hello if I see any of you guys! I have a 14 plate red 86. Don't some minor mods including black badges, sequential valenti tail lights, cobra catback and rota force wheels. 

IMAG0317.jpg

4 minutes ago, jevvy said:

did you get the jewel rear lights or the cheaper ones, ive just ordered the cheaper ones and would love to see some pics on the car!

They're the ones I brought. Genuine Valenti sequential off thespeedline. Cost about £190 after import tax 🙁 

IMAG0314.jpg

Welcome! Was good seeing you today - hopefully see you again soon around the area. That cobra exhaust does sound nice! (I'll probably be putting my coated JDL decat uel headers up soon if you eant to make it louder and rumblier....)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Welcome. Same lights as mine. 

I was looking at black badges too, trying to find somewhere that is reasonable for them. They all seem to be expensive just for a plastic badge. 

I just used plasti dip mate. Takes about half hour/45 minutes but you can always peel it off so if you mess it up or fancy going back to chrome. Very easy stuff to use. 👌

Brought the genuine stuff off amazon for about £20 or halfords sell a similar product called rusteze I think. It's cheaper, would need to do an extra coat or 2 as its a bit thinner but just as good in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, rob275 said:

Hi Syd, Welcome :) I saw you again yesterday driving through Merstham :ph34r:

Alright rob? Didn't see you sure I would have noticed your car haha. 

Was out with the misses last weekend in her car driving through coulsdon and you drove past and she goes "why didn't you get a white one it looks so much better then red!" 

I can't win. Fml 😂

Must be so depressing driving that after your 86 😂 

Mate literally I can't win. When I had the crash she kept going on about now's my chance to get a "nice" colour and one that doesn't look like a hair dressers car. You seen me? Do I look like a hair dresser!? 😂

19 hours ago, smudge said:

Where abouts in Sutton? I'm in North Cheam 

oh really? Never seen any 86s in north Cheam. I live in Worcester park just off the high street so pretty much next door to you mate. 

2 hours ago, TheCaptain said:

oh really? Never seen any 86s in north Cheam. I live in Worcester park just off the high street so pretty much next door to you mate. 

Literally 2mins away then, I go through the High Street almost every day but the 86 has been off the road for about 18 months now

15 hours ago, smudge said:

Literally 2mins away then, I go through the High Street almost every day but the 86 has been off the road for about 18 months now

Good luck getting through the high street now. It's having it's annual road work chaos down there lol. 

As how comes dude

2 hours ago, TheCaptain said:

Good luck getting through the high street now. It's having it's annual road work chaos down there lol. 

As how comes dude

Tell me about it! Luckily I don't typically drive in rush hour but it's a nightmare anyway

Search for my build thread and it might answer some questions ;)

4 hours ago, smudge said:

Tell me about it! Luckily I don't typically drive in rush hour but it's a nightmare anyway

Search for my build thread and it might answer some questions ;)

Well damn,  that's a good enough reason not to be on the road. Haven't had the time to read through it all had a little skim, sounds absolutely ridiculous but mate I'd love to see that in person once it's finished! Definitely going to be following this haha. 

Kinda shits on me trying to get my UEL fitted and tuned... 🙈😂