rob275

A question to you all regarding project threads

Introduce Blogs  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we introduce a blog function?

• Yes
    • No
    • Boobs

Hi All,

There's a fair few of you that have project threads running and on looking at them it can be a bit of a pain to keep track of peoples progress due to the comments & questions on them (which are very welcome by the way) 

My question to those who have project threads running and those that don't currently is would a blog feature be more beneficial?

It would mean that you would have the capacity to set up a blog and post updates and within those updates the comments will be held. In essence it would act like a continuous feed of lots of separate threads.. I'm sure you all know how a blog works :D

The downsides, projects would have to be populated again... Discuss and fill in poll.

Personally I think it's a good idea. But I guess a PITA for those that have already got fairly long build threads. Just to clarify, would all the old threads be deleted?

7 minutes ago, TTR said:

Personally I think it's a good idea. But I guess a PITA for those that have already got fairly long build threads. Just to clarify, would all the old threads be deleted?

I think the best option if we were to go ahead with it would be to lock every project thread and give people the option of linking to their previous build thread or copying bits over as and when. I admit it's a bit of a PITA

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Presumably with a blog you'd have a page that just lists updates (and a separate page with comments for each) so following someone's build/mods would be easier?

Correct, project progress would be much more visible. Means less scrolling around for people and it'd mean that you could respond to older updates far more easily without someone thinking what the hell is he on about.

Or maybe give people the option to have a blog or carry on with the traditional thread. 

Or like Rob said have a link to your project thread in the blog so you don't have to copy everything if you have loads/too lazy :ph34r:

I'm not intending on deleting any current project threads. I will likely lock them though and people will have to either A: start them off again or B: Continue on from where your thread was locked. I think having two project areas active will likely confuse matters.