TomG

Hello from Derby

Hi everyone,

As you may have guessed my name is Tom & I am currently living in Derby.

I bought my GT86 in Sept '14, so I have had it a little while now, and am quite into my detailing which is turning into an expensive hobby. I visit the forums a fair bit to soak up information and get a bit of inspiration. In-fact it is a members modification thread that has inspired me to take the plunge and start looking at adding my first mods myself, so I thought it was time to stop being unsociable and say hello!

I am fairly easy to spot if there are any other members in the Derby area, I'm the one that looks like they are driving from the rear passenger seats as I am 6'7" :) I fit honest!

Anyway I have attached a picture for your viewing pleasure!

813.JPG

Welcome :)

Car looks lovely and clean, I'm sure mine has looked like that at some point in the past.

Out of interest, which modifications are you looking into, and what thread gave you the inspiration?

Welcome to the club!

The car looks amazing, red's seem to be taking over the midlands at the moment.

I've gotten into detailing since getting this car too, used to use a single bucket and sponge on my old car, now I have a cupboard full of detailing gear, an expensive hobby indeed. :P (worth it though)

Thanks guys, it was Deacon & Smudge's mod thread that I have been watching with interest. Regarding mods of my own, I think I'd like to stick to na, but the first item on my list is wheels and tyres. I love the look of the Japan Racing JR11, but I think it's a bit heavy. I'd like an 18 I think of similar style that's not bank breaking. 

Cheers, as I mentioned I'm thinking wheels and tyres first, been looking at Rays/Team Dynamics/Work this week, and just can't decide! But after that I'll be looking at exhaust/intake and a nice rear wing, nothing too massive though or the girlfriend might realise what I'm up to!

I was thinking about what wheels for a while, 0% finance won it for Work in the end and then I just picked the one I liked most. Maybe something to consider if you don't want to break the bank :)

11 minutes ago, Ztox said:

I was thinking about what wheels for a while, 0% finance won it for Work in the end and then I just picked the one I liked most. Maybe something to consider if you don't want to break the bank :)

The 0% finance that has ended up in my name, dafuq is life. 

@TomG Welcome to the club :)

5 hours ago, Ztox said:

I was not aware of that thanks for the pointer.

5 hours ago, rob275 said:

The 0% finance that has ended up in my name, dafuq is life. 

@TomG Welcome to the club :)

Can i put mine in your name too? :D

Congrats and welcome to the club. I'm glad the club and our members are able to guide and inspire you with your mods, looking forward to what you do.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk