TheWhiteWizard

Catless exhaust ECU chip

I'm looking to buy an exhaust. Specifically the invidia N1, after doing some digging. I've come to the realization that a catless exhaust is illegal. So with that being said I need to find a way to make a catless exhaust legal with maybe some added hp as well. Anybody have any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As @Lauren said it you really want to stay on the right side of the law then you need to have the cat in the manifold and HFC in the front pipt at the very least...

However, removing one of the cats is a non-issue in the uk and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Don't ;isten to bellends on facebook which i'm sure you've picked up on. I don't liuke people that spray false info. If you take a cat out and pass an MOT job done. 

I'm sure @Riceburner can confirm this for you as a rep for RRG he'd do well to give you corect info. If anything i'm wrong is incorrect then fine but if you pass emissions no problem.

From your post title it seems like you're after an ECU chip that will allow you to pass emissions with no cat. Sadly such a chip doesn't exist as there's no way to tweak the ECU to make it do what a cat does. The only thing that can make an exhaust MOT legal for emissions is to have a cat fitted.

To give a more full explanation, an 'MOT' is the UK test of a car for roadworthiness and must be carried out every year on a car that is three years old or more. Emissions (hence the comments), safety and roadworthiness are all checked. 

To give a more full explanation, an 'MOT' is the UK test of a car for roadworthiness and must be carried out every year on a car that is three years old or more. Emissions (hence the comments), safety and roadworthiness are all checked. 

Thank you for that level of detail, it's like the American vehicle registration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk