£250 for a real, painted TRD rear spoiler, £190 for a painted front aero fin and £220 for the carbon strut brace. I wish we didn't have to get stung with such stupid import charges. I'd pay those prices today if I could.

Not entirely true. lower offset put more strain on the wheel bearings due to extending the lever arm. It also adds positive scrub which does give brake steer on uneven surfaces which can be dangerous in the wrong hands. I know it from first hand experience, on some surfaces when hammering the brake you need to hold the wheel otherwise before you know it you can be in the ditch at the side of the road. My grippy tyres probably make it worse to be fair. 

To do it properly would need a suspension redesign to extend the current wheel/knuckle further out. Having said that, why didnt they do that in the first place? 

Yep - that's what I thought. Usual received wisdom is that offset affects the steering geometry. Mine certainly tramlines a little more than stock under braking but it's nothing to write home about and more than offset by the overall handling benefits of the new suspension/stickier tyres and it no longer looking like a pram...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

Different holes. The bootlid will be swappable though.

Aside from the work needed to cover the original holes (like some aftermarket ones need) maybe I should have said! Assuming that would cost less than a whole new bootlid? Hmmm....

On 05/10/2016 at 2:16 PM, Riceburner said:

Delivery of this will be sometime in November.:DB)

trd-releases-parts-for-2017-toyota-gt-86-in-japan-109199_1.jpg

Id be inclined to reverse the colours red bits black, black bits red (except tyres obviously) Anywhere you online you can customise it?

On 26/10/2016 at 5:38 PM, Riceburner said:

We have had a few enquiries about the American spec manifold.We can order them at a price of 785.60 plus the VAT.

For the members who have enquired we would have to take payment in full and shipment could be 6 weeks or more.:) 

257626_2017_Subaru_BRZ.jpg

I am thoroughly confused as to how that fits. 

44 minutes ago, Tareim said:

it fits in place of the old plastic one, what's confusing about that?

I was under the impression that the tube-like thing under the engine was the manifold? This looks like it sits on top of the engine?

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

I was under the impression that the tube-like thing under the engine was the manifold? This looks like it sits on top of the engine?

Paul, are you talking about the exhaust manifold? We are talking about the inlet manifold here. 

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Paul, are you talking about the exhaust manifold? We are talking about the inlet manifold here. 

There's the bit I was looking for, thanks!

If this is a straight swap, and it looks that good, I'd snap one up.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

and your Mrs would snap your credit card :P 

Unfortunately my missus has educated herself on what a turbo looks like....this however she wouldn't notice (I hope!).

12 hours ago, Paul said:

If this is a straight swap, and it looks that good, I'd snap one up.

It is, but at over £800 for a couple of horses.... Great value! Is be more interested in the exhaust manifold, but if the intake is that crazy I'd hate to think how much something with a catatlyric converter coats.