GT86Bob

Hi from West Midlands

5 hours ago, Deacon said:

Welcome along. There's quite a few of us in the Midlands and we have a Midlands meet in Walsall at the end of the month:-

I'd seen that, Deacon, and was going to come along as it's not far for me, but on that day I'm committed to a big family party in Birmingham. Next time though! Cheers, Bob.

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Welcome Bob. Any plans for the car? 

I've spent hours today reading stuff on the forum. First thing to sort is a way of mounting my Galaxy 7 phone which I'll be using as a sat nav. I'll leave the car as it is for a few months while I'm getting used to it, but before next season I'll probably change air filter (maybe change some more on the induction side) and tyres. Haven't decided what tyres to get yet but on hill climbs with trees so close to the track the last thing you want is an exciting rear end.  I'll also be looking at other ways of increasing power and throttle response without going forced induction and without spending a fortune. No real plans yet, it's early days :-)

Brodit mount is the way forward for mounting phones on the dash. You can get a specific mount for a GT86 and it clips neatly in. 

Good move on driving the car as is, so you can get a feel for it. 

1 hour ago, GT86Bob said:

I'd seen that, Deacon, and was going to come along as it's not far for me, but on that day I'm committed to a big family party in Birmingham. Next time though! Cheers, Bob.

Where abouts are you @GT86Bob? I'm just off jct 11 of the m6 and @will300 is in Lichfield

9 hours ago, GT86Bob said:

Stourbridge. I'm often up Lichfield way as I compete at Curborough.

Me too and quite a few others on here too!

Which layout do you compete on at Curborough?

On 02/10/2016 at 9:04 AM, Deacon said:

Me too and quite a few others on here too!

Which layout do you compete on at Curborough?

I've done single lap, double lap and figure of eight. I normally do the Owen Motor club' s Graham Hill Sprint in June and the HSA one in October plus additional ad hoc ones if I'm free that weekend. when might I see other GT86s there?

1 hour ago, GT86Bob said:

I've done single lap, double lap and figure of eight. I normally do the Owen Motor club' s Graham Hill Sprint in June and the HSA one in October plus additional ad hoc ones if I'm free that weekend. when might I see other GT86s there?

A lot of us are members of the Sprint and Trackday group. They run events throughout the year, usually one per month apart from December and January iirc. Last event of this year is on Tuesday but I'm not sure how many 86's are signed up for that.

11 hours ago, Deacon said:

A lot of us are members of the Sprint and Trackday group. They run events throughout the year, usually one per month apart from December and January iirc. Last event of this year is on Tuesday but I'm not sure how many 86's are signed up for that.

Hi Deacon, How do you join? Is it a club? Do you have link to a website?

33 minutes ago, GT86Bob said:

Hi Deacon, How do you join? Is it a club? Do you have link to a website?

The easiest thing to do is ask to be added to the Facebook group - Sprint and Trackday (banter / times / modifications / car chit-chat)