De-Cat Manifold - How Loud?

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Mine was loud enough that I swapped the midpipe to the resonated version. It was pretty close to failing noise tests on the stricter tracks.

@Rich Do you know what your drive by DB was?

They didn't tell me, and I've mostly been at louder tracks where it's not been close to failing. The 97 static was tested at Snetterton which has a 105 static limit and a 98 drive by (at 20m), so not close to failing.

Yeah with a decat UEL and full exhaust system I used to idle at 95-98 db's. If you have already got the stock catted front pipe, then a resonated catback would probably quiet it down enough drone wise. Everyone's perception of bearable is different though and it would be a faff to swap catbacks over. :lol:

Japspeed's manifold is effectively a stock manifold with the cat cut out. Piping sizes are basically identical. Myself and another member on here also found them on Chinese eBay for the equivalent of about £50 delivered. They could well be copies of the proper Japspeed manifold, but equally they could be the same thing.

So to answer your question, yes, it will be loud, but in my honest opinion you would do better buying something a little more credible.