Ade

Help Ade pick an exhaust!

BTW, IIRC seems there is also 3" Q300 now. But most probably it will be louder, then not sure if will do, if you want quieten things. Remembering saying about same exhausts of different piping size, that loudness of Perrin 2.5" unresonated was comparable to 3" resonated.

I'd wait for someone to review it first though. Even if model is same, i wouldn't automatically assume, that most things said about 'normal' Q300 can be attributed to 3" version too.

56 minutes ago, Church said:

BTW, IIRC seems there is also 3" Q300 now. But most probably it will be louder, then not sure if will do, if you want quieten things. Remembering saying about same exhausts of different piping size, that loudness of Perrin 2.5" unresonated was comparable to 3" resonated.

I'd wait for someone to review it first though. Even if model is same, i wouldn't automatically assume, that most things said about 'normal' Q300 can be attributed to 3" version too.

Yeah that was me that posted that thread on the FT86club :)

6 hours ago, Ade said: @smudge how much power were you making with the sprintex and that ^^ exhaust setup? 

IIRC ~250-260 bhp hub

I had him down as 248huh hp but wasn't sure. Don't the sprintex run 240hp with a cat back? Or has mark improved on that?

We do high-end custom exhausts to suit whatever needs you have, how much power the car's running and other mods would mainly determine O.D of the tube we use but silencer choice would be down to personal preference on how you want the system to sound.

There's a thread on our development system here; 

Give us a shout if you have anymore questions :)

4 hours ago, Ade said:

I had him down as 248huh hp but wasn't sure. Don't the sprintex run 240hp with a cat back? Or has mark improved on that?

@rob275 is prob the one to answer that, similar smaller pulley but OEM manifold IIRC. 230-240 would probably be about right.

Ade do you intend to stick with just a cat back? As that would be a big influence on your decision. As you are probably already aware freeing up other sections of the exhaust can make this car get A LOT louder, if this is the case and you're going to change out other sections I wouldn't consider anything other than the Q300 or a Greddy SP Elite tbh.

46 minutes ago, Varelco said:

Ade do you intend to stick with just a cat back? As that would be a big influence on your decision. As you are probably already aware freeing up other sections of the exhaust can make this car get A LOT louder, if this is the case and you're going to change out other sections I wouldn't consider anything other than the Q300 or a Greddy SP Elite tbh.

The Greddy is quite abit louder apparently but yes the ultimate aim is to fit something like the ACE or Cosworth manifold so I want as quiet as possible. My main issue with the quieter exhaust is the pipe diameter as I am 280hp but this could easily turn into 350hp in the future.

I'm in talks with H&S to make a custom 2.75" cat back with as large as physically possible back box and center silencer. 

You're welcome to come and see what you think to our system Ade if you wish. We currently run our resonated system (2.5"). Nice and subtle when cruising yet barks when you want it to. Currently making 340bhp through it.

Thanks

Mike

22 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

You're welcome to come and see what you think to our system Ade if you wish. We currently run our resonated system (2.5"). Nice and subtle when cruising yet barks when you want it to. Currently making 340bhp through it.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for the offer Mike. I have seen it on your website and it does look have a nice big back box similar to the Perrin cat back but I am looking to go bigger. A Supercharger makes the exhaust louder and combined with a good header it will be loud (for my preferences) with pretty much any cat back. so I need something big. I'm aiming for a bock box to be similar size to the stock back box but absorption type rather than a baffled box.

I have recently had the back box on my Miltec resonated and can only say it is a complete change in noise level. I believe this is due to the carbon build up in the older back box? Currently running about 251 at the wheels. So from this I believe any exhaust will become less noisy as it gets older.