TTR

Milton Keynes Karting Meet?

So since a few members in and around MK are popping up these days, would anybody fancy doing some sort of Karting meet at Daytona in Milton Keynes in a few weeks? I started a similar thread about doing it at SimplyRace and it got quite a bit of interest, but I think Karting may be a tad more fun :D. If not, we can just do the traditional Cars & Coffee Type meet!

Interest list:

1. TTR - Saturday DMAX

2. DanJ - Saturday DMAX

3. Keethos - Saturday DMAX

4. Steeps - Sunday Sodi/Saturday DMAX

5. Knighty

6. GT86-Ian

7. Twigman

8. Will300 - Saturday DMAX/Sunday Sodi

Do any of these dates work out for anyone? :)

*EDIT* Dates changed due to me not being aware that TSS is on the same weekend as my original suggestion :D

• Friday 12th
  • Saturday 13th
  • Sunday 14st

Edited by TTR

Just now, Steeps said:

Fine for karting, would rather do a longer race than heats.

Can't do that weekend as it's Toyota Sprint in Anglesey.

Yeah those dates might not work for a lot of people then haha. Thank you for bringing that to my attention :D

2 minutes ago, TTR said:

Yeah those dates might not work for a lot of people then haha. Thank you for bringing that to my attention :D

If you get enough for those dates then just go ahead with it, can't please everyone  :P (myself included)

19 minutes ago, kurosagi01 said:

I'm assuming those are the updated dates and its this month? I believe im free for the 13th or 14th. :)

16 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Same as above

Yup, this month :)

So we have a choice of 2 Karts. DMAX or Sodi. DMAX is about 5 seconds a lap faster than the Sodi. DMAX has a proper 125cc race engine, decent tyres and Brakes. Sodi is basically the Kart equivalent of a primacy tyre. However, DMAX usually works out around £15 more expensive than Sodi. But in my opinion it's totally worth it! I think @smudge will testify to that.

There's a DMAX Sprint (10 Minute Qualifying, 20 minute race) on Saturday the 13th at 18:15. £62.50pp

or there's a D-Sprint (Sodi Karts, same format as above) on Sunday the 14th at 17:30. £47.50pp.

Will try and see if I can get a discount on the pricing as it'll be a group booking.

Just an extra thought. Would anyone like to grab a bite to eat after? @DanJ suggested Ye Olde Swan. The menus look pretty damn tasty and I think he mentioned that they had a decent sized car park! :D

http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/ye-olde-swan-woughton-on-the-green-milton-keynes/c0156/

2 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

I can't do next weekend, I'm working for most of it and I have tickets for the red bull air race on Sat. :(

Excuses! Can't you get one of the pilots to fly you over to Milton Keynes for 18:15? :D