Gringosteve

Any Pokemon Go players

Just now, smudge said:

Don't live in South Wales then ;)

Sure, I'll be able to play this free app by spending £150,000 on a new house somewhere that isn't my hometown. 10/10 plan.

6 hours ago, mike-p said:

image.jpeg

Not sure what's worse, playing a mobile phone based video game, or posting dank memes ridiculing those who do.

Oh wait, I've thought about it, the latter is definitely more sad.

7 hours ago, TTR said:

@S18 RSG Vape Naysh :rolleyes: Are you subscribed to h3h3productions by any chance? :D

Ethan used to be a client of mine when I was working in influencer marketing, so I saw it on his channel then. Never subscribed, or even saw another video of his/theirs, but that one was funny.

Some of my colleagues at work managed to download the american version first and started playing it, I eventually jumped on just to see what the fuss is about and I'm kinda into it now....still don't go out for mega walks besides last week when I was in Preston for business, had to go to the post office and ended up in a very big and beautiful Park in the hot sunny weather with lots of people out and about doing exactly the same thing......can't say I would have ventured off anywhere if I wasn't playing Pokemon.

Lucky enough to have a Pokestop right by our office but even then, I'm either busy training or out and about on business to be sat in the office at lunch for a Lure party.....though on one lunch break this week I managed to jump 3 levels because of a lure party mixed with a incense, a lucky egg and a load of evolving of low tier Pokemons.  Only Level 15 with a 461 Hypno being my max Mon at the moment.....also beat/captured my first Gym today at the hotel in Scunthorpe.....turns out it was Dan Steep's Ratecake....thanks Dan :D

Another funny story, I was at Red Bull for a day this week and right outside their entrance to their building is a Red Pokegym.....some of you may have already read this but I had to delete that post on Facebook....made the mistake of "checking in" there.....not very professional of me :P

10 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

Not sure what's worse, playing a mobile phone based video game, or posting dank memes ridiculing those who do.

Stop making my wind-ups so easy guys.......

Yup age deffo, I had a hoop with a stick (look it up)

If it gets you out of the house that's great.

What the feck is a meme???

Have a great Sunday out there

12 hours ago, smudge said:

Again, I don't get the hate? It was a huge part of our childhood...you're just too old to understand Mike ;)

No hate, just a good old fashioned wind-up.

6 hours ago, Gringosteve said:

The latest update will level the field a bit, all of the powers have been tweaked to help balance things out

www.tuned.org.uk

Aka no more 15 Vaporeons in every gym :P

The worst part is, they've taken out ANY way of tracking Pokemon now. At least on the last update the flashing symbol would go off when heading in the right direction, and if really lost, you could just use Pokevision or similar. Now, no more flashing for direction, no more tracking sites, nothing. Gonna really put a dampener on the game for a while.

1 hour ago, S18 RSG said:

Aka no more 15 Vaporeons in every gym :P

The worst part is, they've taken out ANY way of tracking Pokemon now. At least on the last update the flashing symbol would go off when heading in the right direction, and if really lost, you could just use Pokevision or similar. Now, no more flashing for direction, no more tracking sites, nothing. Gonna really put a dampener on the game for a while.

what flashing symbol? I don't remember seeing any flashing symbol but the 3 steps thing was broken so good they removed it

1 minute ago, Tareim said:

what flashing symbol? I don't remember seeing any flashing symbol but the 3 steps thing was broken so good they removed it

Open the nearby menu, click the Pokemon you want then close the window. As you walk around, the menu icon in the bottom right pulses if you're going the right direction. Unfortunately, since the 3 step glitch, there's no way of knowing how far in that direction you had to walk.

Was that proven? I've seen people try and prove that but couldn't figure it out. I was under the impression that it just pulsate whenever the list changed.

2 minutes ago, Keethos said:

Was that proven? I've seen people try and prove that but couldn't figure it out. I was under the impression that it just pulsate whenever the list changed.

Pretty certain the dev commented on it at Comic Con when they did their panel. Same as a few other myths like the Eevee naming easter egg. 

They seem to be allergic to my house, though I guess you are supposed to go outside. I've had it sTried it on a 2 hour walk today, but there were only about 3.  Tried the incense when I got home and nailed 4 or so. Not progressing very quickly at the moment. Maybe there'll be more in Wythenshawe town centre at work tomorrow. 

Yeah the updates not looking good, I've had various mons run on me, most annoyingly 2 that I've never captured before and that were high level but even after a raspberry and spinning some great balls the buggers ran, even some low level ones ran on me too. But I've read some people updated and got reset back to level 1 from 20odd

I doubt I'll play it til they fix this update. Being nearly level 24, Pokeballs of all kinds are a bit of a luxury right now, so I don't fancy wasting them on even harder catches.

Niantic will have to listen to the community on this one. As far as I know, they've already lost close to a million dollars today in refunds, as thousands of people (myself included) have had purchases refunded through Google Play and iTunes. I don't spend money on items for them to then change the game so much that my money goes to waste.

8 hours ago, Keethos said:

Yeah the updates not looking good, I've had various mons run on me, most annoyingly 2 that I've never captured before and that were high level but even after a raspberry and spinning some great balls the buggers ran, even some low level ones ran on me too. But I've read some people updated and got reset back to level 1 from 20odd emoji33.png

I've had less run on me since the update than before. Weird. 

On 30/07/2016 at 9:52 PM, S18 RSG said:

I think there definitely needs to be a Car Memes thread on this forum.

Just as a tip incase anyone does get put back to level 1 just sign out and sign back in with the account that you were using when you started. The level 1 thing is actually the game creating a new login by accident. Once you sign back in you should be back on the same level you were! 21 currently!

19 minutes ago, LarmiqGt said:

Just as a tip incase anyone does get put back to level 1 just sign out and sign back in with the account that you were using when you started. The level 1 thing is actually the game creating a new login by accident. Once you sign back in you should be back on the same level you were! 21 currently!

Is that using the PTC login or Google? Everyone I know used a Google login and I've not heard of any issues.

1 hour ago, Gringosteve said:

I just had a caterpie c31 give up a massive struggle to get caught. I think they have done it to increase revenue from people buying pokeballs. Sod that. If it gets worse I'm off

www.tuned.org.uk

I've had the game on today just to build up mileage on eggs, and the few Pokemon I have tried to catch I've not experienced many issues to be honest. I have a 3 pokeball rule for things that I don't need or want. If I don't catch them in 3 balls, I give up, always have done. Based on that rule, nothing seems much different.

That being said, I've also had low CP Pokemon run from me, but usually after a ball or two, which I'm fine with as I waste less balls.

I've also noticed a higher average CP today than usual. Most encounters have been over 400CP, even caught a 700CP Eevee which is now a 1700 Flareon. I also notice that they've fixed the frozen ball bug (mine froze and instantly said Pokemon caught and unfroze itself). I also like the new graphical tweeks and animations.

The biggest gripe for me is still, and will continue to be, the tracking. My nearby list at lunch time showed Vulpix, Staryu, Paras and Eevee, all relatively rare around here, so the variety seems better, but now I can't track them it's pointless.