Minion

Wiper Blades

My wiper blades have about had it so time has come to order a new set but I have seen a few different sites saying different things about what blades I need, could anyone confirm are these the correct ones? - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-AR22U-QF15445-AeroTwin-Windscreen/dp/B00B5SUGLE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465546364&sr=8-2&keywords=AR20U

Thanks, Jake

6 hours ago, Minion said:

Never heard anything about these before, do they smear at all?

No, they're very good. They replaced some v expensive bosch blades I wasted £20+ on - they were rubbish.

These aren't pretty as they don't have the deflector but they're excellent at keeping the windscreen clear.

Jake, yes those Bosch AR20U and AR22U in your link will fit and are what I've had on for the past 18 months or so. Very good wipers, bit of judder at first but not for a long time now (and it was possibly the glass sealant I had on then thinking about it), but those cheapo 'Aerowiper' ones look worth a go at the price too!

That said. depending on whether you want to change the look I think the OEM ones are very good too depending on the replacement price.

I would honestly just go to the dealer. OEM blades seem to pretty much always work the best. If you can just change the rubbers it's cheap enough. Even the whole unit with the blade is only about £18 IIRC. 

Thanks for the help everyone! I got myself a set of the bosch ones and they are much better than my OEM ones have ever been. I paid about £19 for the pair from euro car parts which I was more than happy with!

On 10 June 2016 at 1:26 PM, Keethos said:

Michelin stealth blades are about £6.50 per blade from Costco if you have membership or know someone, very good blades.

Yep, I've had those before on another car. Costco. :wub:

My local Costco has just started selling fuel, with their 99 RON 1.07XX per litre. Have that in the BRZ at the moment.

8 hours ago, Lauren said:

When it comes to wiper blades, I've always found it best to use OEM. 

+1 Spent plenty of time mucking around trying different wipers, ultimately OEM has always come out as best for me.

On 05/09/2016 at 11:26 AM, Rich said:

Bought a pair of these to try, the driver's side judders a bit, but they wipe alright. Don't think I'll buy another pair though.

Give the screen a good clean .. you might want to try the cream Halfrauds sell, which was in a small pale blue bottle .. it's designed to get all the c@p off including any old traces of Rain-X, etc .. I'll need to get down to the garage to find the bottle for a better description, but it's very good.

The Michelin stealth blades have been awesome so far, no problems at all, the only down side really is that they don't look as nice as the OEM one, I'm guessing that the reason the OEM ones are so much more expensive is because they have the fancy formed (wind deflectors?) backing to the blades.

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

The Michelin stealth blades have been awesome so far, no problems at all, the only down side really is that they don't look as nice as the OEM one, I'm guessing that the reason the OEM ones are so much more expensive is because they have the fancy formed (wind deflectors?) backing to the blades.

I'm currently running the Michelin stealth blades as well, they are so much better than degraded OEM ones. 

3 hours ago, Keethos said:

I think they're the ones I've got on, I put them on at the same time as a fresh coat of gtechniq g1 and they juddered a bit, but then again, with the gtechniq stuff you rarely use the wipers...

Long term update on the cheapo blades. They're crap in subzero temps. Judder like crazy even once the windscreen was warm enough to defrost itself (I tried them after 30 mins of driving, air temp was -1C).

Tried cleaning, no difference. They started working again just fine this morning once they warmed up. Seems like the rubber goes too hard at low temperatures.