smudge

"New" Top Gear

Jenson is always good value. The biggest issue is still Evans. He doesn't really add a lot and I still wish he'd just turn it down.

The McLaren bit was just someone going 'wheeeee' for five minutes, and the guest sections fall a bit flat. Thing is, Clarkson was a pretty good journalist. Evans isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say Matt Leblanc is doing a sterling job, he's a lot better than I expected so early on.

Would like to see them drop the guests that have no car interest, feels like the bbc trying to promote their other shows via top gear

Agree with everyone's comments.....though who else felt really awkward when Matt and Evans were telling Eddie that he had to press the offroad button and that he wasn't allowed to drive anymore.....old people really shouldn't be allowed to drive.....on that subject I had to swerve and almost clipped a kerb because an old man on a motorbike was filtering stationary traffic on a fast courtesy lane....while in the middle of the opposite side of the road....i.e. in the middle of on coming traffic

I have to say, I think they totally nailed it. So many good articles even the SIARPC was quite good fun, though I never seem to know who they are. 

But, yeah, nothing to moan about at all, some really interesting cars and it so works to use other presenters on the main show. Quite a coup to get to drift round London as well. 

yeah I'm not too fussed about Rory so he can go for me too

Loved the SIARXC section I think Kevin Hart was the best part about it, he's very funny

Last nights episode was overall much better, however Evan's was still very shouty in the R8 piece. I agree with the above comments about losing Evan's, he's trying to hard and doesn't have the right character for the show. The best piece was ofcourse Matt & Ken Block drifting around london.

The best bit was Harris in the Ferrari's! :P

But even though I'm not a mega fan of Ken Block, I appreciate how cool it is to be able to do what he did around the streets of the City of London. Quite something! 

Extra Gear was good too. Very happy with the change since Clarkson et al., have left. 

I too rather enjoyed the latest episode. Bringing Chris Harris onto the big show was a great idea, long may that continue. I find Rory a little hit or miss, but he wasn't bad. I think he would suit a Youtube video review platform, but perhaps doesn't quite have the polish for TV. I don't mind him on Extra Gear, but he still comes across as a little "over-scripted". Almost like he reads the script word for word and lacks personality, but then tries to add personality in his voice. it's weird.

Chris Evans could really do with a lesson in how NOT to be Jeremy Clarkson. His McLaren F1 LT film was a perfect example. Shouting and screaming "power" just like Clarkson did. It worked with JC, he had the personality for it, Chris Evans is just trying way too hard. If he calms down a little, leaves the driving up to the actual drivers, and sticks to presenting and interviewing he'll be ok. Matt did a far better job of presenting than Chris Evans ever could to be honest.

I thought it was decent, Harris's section was cool but I had an inkling he was dumbing his usual review down for mainstream tv a little bit.

I too wish Chris Evans would stop imitating Clarkson. i.e. "and the results are "... - He's not a journalist although I appreciate he's doing his best. (At least he didn't refer to oversteer as a 'skid' this week.)

I'm not sure about all the presenters. The old mates three person dynamic really worked on the last Top gear, at the moment it seems to be Evans and Leblanc plus a random that doesn't get long to settle in.

Chris Evans is not doing anymore. I was a little surprised that Chris Evans didn't persevere, but I'm sure most will be happy. I was less bothered by him as time went on and didn't really mind him tbh. 

I have to say, though possibly one of the best TG series ever. Much, much prefer the new presenters over the old. Last night's episode was another corker and Extra Gear just adds to it. I really hope they maintain the format for the next series. 

Think they need less presenters. Matt can carry it. Chris is good, but not sure him AND Rory adds anything.

Let's not forget the Clarkson line up didn't properly gel until they got May in.

My vote would be Matt, Chris and A.N. Other.

Sabine is terrific, but really she's not a presenter...