1 hour ago, knightryder said:

Already on Mazda UKs website: http://www.mazda.co.uk/cars/coming-soon-mazda-mx-5-rf/

I quite like. If it comes in comparable prices to the facelift BRZ/86 then this would be my pick.

Suggestion seem to be that it'll be around £2500 more than the soft top. If I was in the market now I think it's where my money would go between the 86/brz and this.

I think it's a bit awkward looking compared to the soft top, and think the simplicity of the fabric hood suits the car better.

Not sure what problem this is trying to solve.

Personally if I didn't need the extra seats I'd buy an MX5 over the 86 now, for no other reason than it scratches the same itch and costs less.

Same reason I wouldn't swap the 86 for a Cayman even if I had the £s. This is 'enough'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks good but I'll bet the buffeting will be a nightmare. Had an MR2 with a t-bar which is similar and that was terrible. Never took the t-bars out unless I wanted an instant bad hair day. 

3 hours ago, Tareim said:

it'd be alright as a second car but not that practical for a one and only car

Fine by me then :D

I actually think the small coupe look is great, kind of like the BMW Z Coupes. I have no hair to be buffeted around either, and I think this would still give any near stock BRZ/86 a good seeing to on track too. The MX-5s have always done this. I know a simple remap seems to open up some power quite easily, just had a look at ECUteks Skyactiv-G pages.... Not sure how well the engine would respond to bigger changes but probably better engineered than the FA20.

Like it a lot, could see this being eventual replacement for my 86 in a couple of years, I quite like the mk4 looks anyway, in some colours like the dark grey and pale almost white grey I think it looks great. This is even nicer though. I'm not sure I could live with a soft top as a DD so this answers a question for me at least, if it is price comparable to an 86 then it seems a really attractive prospect.

11 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Proportions of the coupe are all wrong - like an F type jag that's been in a rear end shunt.

Look at where the rear wheel is and compare to an 86...

I'd say it's proportions are similar in style to the e type coupe

The haunches don't line up with where the rear wheels are, and the glass area looks plonked on top. Compare it to the GT86 - which is a much better resolved shape.

Although I like the details better on the MX5. Mashup of Gt86 with Mazda lights and wheels would be quite nice...

On 23 March 2016 at 2:19 PM, Lauren said:

It looks good but I'll bet the buffeting will be a nightmare. Had an MR2 with a t-bar which is similar and that was terrible. Never took the t-bars out unless I wanted an instant bad hair day. 

Bad hair day......

No sorry don't understand ;-)