Sign in to follow this  
Squadrone Rosso

Quantum Tuning - remap

sounds like they will just load a generic map onto your car, not an ideal way to remap the car to be honest as every car is different so one map for 1 car may not suit another one even if they are both standard

it's worth taking a day out to go somewhere such as Tuning Developments, Abbey Motorsport or Fensport

I'm from the south west and travelled cross country to Fensport to get it done properly and don't regret it at all, highly recommended

Agreed with above, as I said on Facebook  Simon there's a good few tuners around using the proper stuff ;)

I'm likely to take mine to tuning developments as I plan on getting one of their manifolds and they've done a lot of in house mapping work on the 86. It's just the 4 hour drive that makes me think of staying local such as indigo-GT in Blackwood/ebbw vale. They're amazing performance car tuners especially using ecutek

What is the downside of it?

You can just map it, put it in the setting you like and never touch it again, but for the extra features you get, especially valet mode which is great, I don't see why you would NOT want it.

Yeah, even after only having my car remapped this afternoon, I can see the obvious advantages of having different map options. If you're worried about how it might by someone else, you can put it in the lower power map as there's a massive difference. Also you don't have to keep selecting your favourite map, it just stays on it. So no need to fiddle at all when you've got it done. 

The auto blip is something tha people will want to have the option of having on or off. I admit I asked for it not to be put on as I heel and toe by default and it would seriously annoy me. But for those learning how to heel and toe, it might be useful, or great for someone who just can't master it. 

You can have the best map as your first map and just leave it, that's what I've done. I do have others for low Ron fuel and one with other toys on (like rev matching for people who can't toe heel when using my car) but only really switch if I needed to, if you didn't want any extra ones at all you don't have to.

Having a valet map doesn't quite make sense because when you turn your car off and on again, it reverts back to the first map anyways.

I've not even tried the auto-blip or flat foot shifting maps yet. I probably should, but I don't think I'd like it as I am too used to heel and toeing now.

6 minutes ago, Keethos said:

Having a valet map doesn't quite make sense because when you turn your car off and on again, it reverts back to the first map anyways.

I think yours may be a little out of date Keith. Both myself and Lauren can switch our cars off for a few days and the car remains on the last chosen map.

Mark explained that this was a later addition, so maybe something you could have switched on now?

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've not even tried the auto-blip or flat foot shifting maps yet. I probably should, but I don't think I'd like it as I am too used to heel and toeing now.

Rich, if you can already heel and toe, keep doing that. Far more satisfying once you've cracked it. I don't think the flat foot shifting adds much really. I prefer to control the throttle myself when changing gear. 

36 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Rich, if you can already heel and toe, keep doing that. Far more satisfying once you've cracked it. I don't think the flat foot shifting adds much really. I prefer to control the throttle myself when changing gear. 

I can indeed, I taught myself a few years back and it's come in handy now. :)

Ah right, yeah it's been a while since my map.

Flat foot shifting is definitely worth giving a go, I keep on forgetting to use it mind you but it does feel like it's quicker when changing gear.....a spit second quicker but handy either way. Plus it's fun holding the revs through tunnels :D

36 minutes ago, Lauren said: Rich, if you can already heel and toe, keep doing that. Far more satisfying once you've cracked it. I don't think the flat foot shifting adds much really. I prefer to control the throttle myself when changing gear. 

I can indeed, I taught myself a few years back and it's come in handy now.

I'm trying, but bloody tricky. For some reason fourth to third is quite easy to be smooth, but third to second much harder to match the revs. Mess that up quite a bit... Doesn't really do any harm but makes you sound like a right pillock. Think I'll have to practise more before fitting a louder exhaust...

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

You're on older software. The latest RaceROM patches fixed this.

11 hours ago, Lauren said:

I'm in the same boat. Tried auto blip, hated it. Much better to heel toe even if you over or under rev a bit, its just more satisfying :D

@Nicebiscuit - I find toe heeling easier when you're actually on it, so when at high speeds and braking hard. When pooting around town and I try and toe heel, it's not so easy without sounding like a wolly or jolting because I've applied too much brake. Think this is because the brake pedal is so much higher than the throttle that when lightly braking, it's still slightly too far away where as when you are braking hard, I find that the pedals level out more making it easier for me to twist my heel to blip the throttle.

3 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

If, like me, you're blessed with wide feet, you can just toe-toe around town :P Brake with the ball of your foot and big toe, blip throttle with your little toe.

That what I do when I say "heel and toe"; it's actually left and right sides of the foot.

Just now, Rich said:

That what I do when I say "heel and toe"; it's actually left and right sides of the foot.

Even on track? I'm too worried to do it like that on track in case my foot slips off the brake, so I switch to proper heel-toeing.