Nicebiscuit

Anyone else had chance for a play in the snow?

To be fair I had to go up into the hills a bit to get that shot, but it'd have been rude not to. Plus it was fun watching the disbelief of people in 4x4s as I merrily trundled past.

There are still a lot of people who just don't realise that RWD on proper winter rubber is STILL better than 4wd on part worn summer tyres.

It hammered down for a lil while on Wednesday but then it never settle and you wouldn't have guessed that it had snowed, the snow was pretty big and weirdly a lot of it was floating upwards

I had to head over to Hyde today and had to re-route the sat nav due to a road closed by snow! Needless to say it was getting to the serious point up there as soon as you left the slush covered main roads. I very nearly got stuck and it took me a good ten minutes to get out and turn the car round and accept that no way could I risk parking in 10cms of snow as I'd never escape. This mean driving back down the road and parking in a load of snow in Asda's and trudging up through the snow to where I was trying to go. Was proper tricky. 

Yes winter tyres would have been useful and I decided not to run them this year as I had done for the previous two years. But for one day, I survived and I'll bet we don't see that much more snow around Manchester. 

I've just got into the habit - mainly cause of the ski trips. But this is the first year I've had them fitted to both cars.

The main bonus isn't so much that I can get around - as you say we don't get that much. The main bonus is that you get to PLAY . I think they work by magic. All the traction you want until you decide you'd rather go sideways .

I'll be a bit sad if everyone else catches on - right now people just think I must have epic driving skills as I completely fail to get stuck in a car that everyone knows should be hopeless. The diff doesn't hurt either...

Yeah, I know what you mean, though my only benefit with winters on was doing 70mph down the empty snow covered lane on the Silk Road for a mile and a half last year. It was good for that though! But I really missed having less grip and less feel as soon as the temp was over 9C or so, where they really seemed to suffer. The last two winters have been very mild though.