DanJ

Dan J's BRZ

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

How much extension are you looking to get?

Keys! Racing make a wheel with a 20mm dish which may be an easier route?

loses the airbag though which isn't good come MOT time

1 hour ago, DanJ said:

I'm thinking about 50mm extension, I'm not a fan of the lettering on that Keys! wheel or that its not round.

Will watch this with interest then as it's definitely something I'd like to do too.

That is a bit nasty looking. Having seen that pic I'd probably go for machining out all of the existing protruding boss and making a new extended one that bolts in.

These may help as well. I really need to whip my wheel off and see what is there. A solution would be very welcome by a lot of owners I think.

IMG_9155.JPG

IMG_9156.JPG

Do you lot have short arms or really long legs?

Both long legged and short armed (6ft tall but 35" inside leg!) plus my preferred driving position is with the wheel nice and close.

These may help as well. I really need to whip my wheel off and see what is there. A solution would be very welcome by a lot of owners I think.

IMG_9155.JPG

IMG_9156.JPG

I'm trying to source a spare wheel myself at the moment, if a few people are interested in the mod then I can get a bit of a group buy going on, it will bring the cost of the machined parts down considerably, 1offs are always expensive!

39 minutes ago, DanJ said:

Both long legged and short armed (6ft tall but 35" inside leg!) plus my preferred driving position is with the wheel nice and close.

Heh. I'm the opposite - 6'1" and 32" inside leg and my shirts have standard (34") sleeves.

Driving position is perfect for me. :)

I'm in the same boat. If I tilt the seat back to my desired position to give headroom wearing the helmet and have the seat in a comfortable position for my legs for fast driving, my wrists are nowhere near touching the top of the wheel which is my preferred position. I need to move it about 30mm towards me for it to be a nice fit.

After much searching I finally found a relatively nearby bodyshop (Finishline in Graveley near Hitchin) who knows what they're doing to fix the damage from the Donny trackday.. I've been shocked at how bad the customer service has been in responding to requests for repair estimates at lots of places, god knows how they stay in business.

I dropped the car off today and had a guided tour round by the owner Chris Bray, they've got a real mix of historic cars they're restoring - Mk1 Lotus Cortina, MGB with a 400HP V8 conversion, 1930's Bugatti etc etc, they clearly know what they're doing, are passionate about cars in general and have a long waiting list so I'll feel confident my car is in safe hands. Just the long wait until late February to get it back now.

I'm taking the opportunity while the damage is repaired to get a few cosmetic bits tidied up as well and to lose the optional chrome trim parts the dealer I bought the car from had added, the centre of the fender garnish will be gunmetal grey to match the wheels which should look 10x better.

The battery finally died a couple of weeks ago, I've replaced it with a 70Ah Bosch S4 battery, so much better than the standard Panasonic battery and as a bonus it has a blue top which matches the car nicely.

Just need the weather to warm up a bit so work can continue on the Puma rally car and keep me occupied until the BRZ is back, we're rewiring and replumbing the whole thing from front to back and swapping the terrible current pedal box for a floor mount OBP item, its a nice piece of kit and much cheaper than the likes of AP/Alcon/Tilton etc, pic of the Puma below for those who haven't seen it yet.

2016-07-09_14_34_37.jpg

OBP0003PRC-500x500.jpg

I'm going to try and get it swapped retrospectively and then sell it on, but as these things tend to do it went at the worst possible moment with work commitments etc and it was quicker and simpler to swap it out myself. Thankfully Eurocarparts have a pretty good January sale on so the dent in the wallet was much less than it would've been.

Yeah, it looks like its mostly cosmetic, but will confirm for certain when they get it stripped. As well as what was visible from outside and with the bonnet up, bouncing across the grass on the way to the wall has cracked the plastic undertrays behind the metal sump cover. The bonnet itself looks okay and just needs rehanging on the hinges. Still getting them to respray so it blends well in to the new wing/bumper and its stone chip free again :-)

Thanks, the standard cars are rust buckets! Thankfully the arches on this are fibreglass and there's no sound deadening to hold the moisture and then rot the panels.

Glad it's on the road to recovery, I'm sadly still waiting for a quote get mine done.....might have to start looking else where. Keep us posted dude!

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk