Kirsty80

Hi

Well, in terms of choice, there aren't that many options. I guess there's the Aero with the bodykit and big wing on the back if that's your thing. Then there's the standard model which most people have. 

In terms of spec options the biggest one is whether to go with cloth interior or the leather/alcantara or full leather heated seats. Other options are mainly limited to stripes and things like sat nav and reversing sensors. But it depends if you're buying new or used. 

I like the look of the aero kit, the wing is abit big for my liking though lol. I won't be buying new, but I'd like to find one with low miles as possible, leather seats would be nice but I'll be just glad to get a nice clean one. I guess kits and stuff I could always add after anyway. There seems to be alot of after market stuff for them which is good, finding stuff for my car now was a nightmare, but it's an old car and not one that people really modify.

I would seriously at least go for one with leather/alcantara or full leather as having heated seats is well worth it. Also it lifts the interior a bit. 

You won't have any problem finding after market parts for this car, it was made for the tuning industry, there is literally tons of stuff! 

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the club. There is also the Primo model, but as you're looking at 2nd hand, it's unlikely you will find one unless it's a dealer demo. I wouldn't even consider it though, it really is the basic of basics!

Sounds like you just want a Black GT86, preferably with leather. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those.

Things to look out for when buying:

1st to 2nd gear issues, I think they all suffer to some degree when cold, but some worse than others. Try to find one that goes in relatively easily

Condensation in rear lights, it's covered under warranty, but may as well make sure it's sorted before you drive away

Window scratches, not sure if anyone else had had this issue but some foam falls off inside the door and every time you wind the window down it scratches it lightly, this is a recurring problem for me but covered under warranty also obviously. 

plenty of other things to look out for but I can't think, i just got back from a meet and need to thaw out...

2 hours ago, Kirsty80 said:

Thanks Lauren, 😊 to be honest I don't know to much about the specs and such yet, hense why I joined up to learn a bit more. I do want a black one though that's about as far as I've got.

Welcome on board! 

Good choice on black (although I may be a little biased! 😊)

13 minutes ago, Kirsty80 said:

Thanks for all the welcomes. And for the tips rob, I'll be sure to look out for them 😊

I think black is the best colour Deacon, although probably the hardest to keep clean 😣

I can't argue there! 

Gave mine a clean today:-

2016-01-30%2014.42.20_Hagrid_Cornered.jp

At least when they're dirty if anyone asks you can just say you own a grey one! 😄

13 minutes ago, Kirsty80 said: Thanks for all the welcomes. And for the tips rob, I'll be sure to look out for them 😊

I think black is the best colour Deacon, although probably the hardest to keep clean 😣

I can't argue there! 

Gave mine a clean today:-

2016-01-30%2014.42.20_Hagrid_Cornered.jpg

At least when they're dirty if anyone asks you can just say you own a grey one! 😄

Looks lovely, that's what I've been saying about my current car, it's matt grey haha

Yay, another local joining the ranks \●/

Where abouts in Warwickshire are you based? If you want to check out the stock seats (or anything else on the car for that matter) just give us a shout, the stock seats are pretty good for cloth seats. Any plans once you find your car? Looks like you did a fair bit to your Yaris.

Yay, another local joining the ranks \●/

Where abouts in Warwickshire are you based? If you want to check out the stock seats (or anything else on the car for that matter) just give us a shout, the stock seats are pretty good for cloth seats. Any plans once you find your car? Looks like you did a fair bit to your Yaris.

I'm not to far from Nuneaton. Thanks for the offer would be nice to take a look maybe.

No doubt I'll be modding it once I get it, it's hard not to play about with cars lol.

Yeah have done a bit to the yaris.

Poly bushed

Rota grids painted in techno violet with violet flake.

Ebc turbo groved discs & Greenstuff pads

D2 coilovers

Blitz nur spec back box

Blitz sus filter

Artel motorsport hose kit

Carbon engine cover

Tegiwa Break stopper

Omp front & rear strut braces

Upgraded all the audio

Rs rep lip

Cobra bucket seats with 3 point omp harnesses.

Also have a Tte super charger for it but never got round to fitting it. Got fed up and want something newer, that's why I'm here 😊

They're all fine. I've got the poverty spec one and it's great. Don't necessarily rule out a new one - you can get good deals. Looking at that Yaris this'll be right up your street - you'll have fun with it :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the leather/alcantara in my car which I do like. I've had various demo cars from my dealer on a number of occasions with full leather. I've usually had them for a day or so. I was worried that it would grip you less, but actually it's not an issue, the seat base feels a bit firmer in leather, but I didn't feel like I was sliding around as I have done in some cars with leather seats. 

Full leather seats became an option in Spring 2013 IIRC. Before that leather/alcantara was the only option. 

1 hour ago, chillismoke said:

Come and take this GT86 in Leicester for a spin which my friend is selling, great price and low mileage (more info in for sale forum)

It's not black though