SL03JOE

Joes Rocket bunny V1 GT86 Build

Hi all, had GT86 a month now and haven't been about enough to have time to start a build thread, plus photos wouldn't work but sorted it now.

So as it stands 13 plate, Manual, red Gt86. All

Options I think nearly apart from full leather.

So what I've done already, well I had car a week, then went into the garage for the rocket bunny kit to be fitted. Seeing as GReddy wouldn't send me a kit I had to buy a knight racer one, and the fit was awful! So it's been painful but it's all most done now! Unfortunately knight racer have just tried to play it dumb, even though I've now found out loads of people's have had issues with these, but I was reassured when I Purchased the kit it was a new mould and was 100% right...

Anyway onto down pictures:

17711ba334776a700a336ae11dbf4747.jpg

This was one of the nearer fitting parts (other photos I won't post)

cd5a5b0b80263a0d720a42b10e2ec3a2.jpg

5b5bc7cbd3c1b5686b5f97bdfa151f3a.jpg

Looking a bit better

f71aa246c07beef791fe19ed57a88fdd.jpg

baaaeb5724961d8c014be81f1c281d90.jpg

2a353159605ab3e8847e95bfec0f12be.jpg

cc89b9ac03a1738329626a8e00eba103.jpg

4f5105687bf2a4e66603d3ddfbc31edb.jpg

2768749c258c2a0e3d03a77a4831ab90.jpg

Right well there's been more progress since these shots but I haven't been up to the garage.

Hopefully car will be done in next few weeks!

Coilovers and wheels next :)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard that even the Rocket Bunny kits don't fit all that well. It does seem to be a lot of work. Seeing the arches on with the stock wheels goes to show what serious wheels you are going to need to fill those arches! 

I look forward to seeing what you are going to fill those arches with! :)

Yeah well once it's done it will be much better!

As for wheels I've had a few offers, and I'm unsure what size to go 17/18/19"

Tbh I wanted a track/aggressive look so really unsure, but I think for starters it going to be Cosmos racing wheels with adapter before I have any more again haha! But around 9.5 Fronts 11/11.5 Rears

Well, We have the MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers on offer at 20% off right now, so that can sort your coilovers.

We also got loads of Enkei wheels in stock (about 500 of them), so there are choices also.

The Rocket Bunny wheel is the Enkei RS05RR, but they are quite expensive and not even the Enkei International hub keep them in stock.

A good great looking option would be the RPF1, great looking wheels with all the engineering, pedigree, and heritage one would expect from Enkei.

Just a thought. :)

Jerrick

Well, We have the MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers on offer at 20% off right now, so that can sort your coilovers.

We also got loads of Enkei wheels in stock (about 500 of them), so there are choices also.

The Rocket Bunny wheel is the Enkei RS05RR, but they are quite expensive and not even the Enkei International hub keep them in stock.

A good great looking option would be the RPF1, great looking wheels with all the engineering, pedigree, and heritage one would expect from Enkei.

Just a thought.

Jerrick

Thanks for that, sounds like a good deal on coilovers!

As for wheels I didn't know enkei didn't wide enough wheels and fitments for the GT86, as I don't really want spacers, you'll have to pm me your options, thanks

1 hour ago, SL03JOE said:

As for wheels I didn't know enkei didn't wide enough wheels and fitments for the GT86, as I don't really want spacers, you'll have to pm me your options, thanks

Widest they do is 18x9.5 iirc and you'd need spacers as the OS is 40+

1 hour ago, SL03JOE said:

Widest they do is 18x9.5 iirc and you'd need spacers as the OS is 40+

Yeah what I thought! Although I've seen ray new wide range of the TE37

1d28e89578e61a65aba25bce256dae96.jpg

Exciting build mate! I'm having my Rocket Bunny V1 kit installed myself in a few weeks, I've heard a few people have been having issues with Knight Racer so I avoided them. Glad you have over come those obstacles. I've ordered a set of Work Meister M1's, I'm picking them up tomorrow so will upload a picture then. They aren't cheap, but look great. Work wheels have a few that look the part with the rocket bunny kit, maybe worth a look. 

What are you doing in regards to the spoiler / wing?

Looking forward to see how you get on. :)

Exciting build mate! I'm having my Rocket Bunny V1 kit installed myself in a few weeks, I've heard a few people have been having issues with Knight Racer so I avoided them. Glad you have over come those obstacles. I've ordered a set of Work Meister M1's, I'm picking them up tomorrow so will upload a picture then. They aren't cheap, but look great. Work wheels have a few that look the part with the rocket bunny kit, maybe worth a look. 

What are you doing in regards to the spoiler / wing?

Looking forward to see how you get on.

Awesome, well from what i heard all kits apart from GReddy them selves all need a lot of work.

As for wheels yeah I was going to also order the work M1, but I thought a lot of people went that route.

Spoiler will be:

f3a0c730a3bcbd0e8e2322bd80190f26.jpg

As for wheels though, I've been offered some ADV.1 or new work/Vossen wheels.

But still unsure ideally I need my R20 to sell

To clear funds for wheels

4 minutes ago, SL03JOE said:

Awesome, well from what i heard all kits apart from GReddy them selves all need a lot of work.

As for wheels yeah I was going to also order the work M1, but I thought a lot of people went that route.

Spoiler will be:

There are plenty of different wheels out there, the ADV.1 are nice!, I personally am a huge lover of deepdish. That's a hell of a spoiler haha, looks tidy though! And there aren't going to be any of those in this country! You will have to get some mods done under the bonnet to justify the size of the wing though ;)
I'm assuming you getting the wing custom made?

4 minutes ago, SL03JOE said: Awesome, well from what i heard all kits apart from GReddy them selves all need a lot of work.

Spoiler will be:

There are plenty of different wheels out there, the ADV.1 are nice!, I personally am a huge lover of deepdish. That's a hell of a spoiler haha, looks tidy though! And there aren't going to be any of those in this country! You will have to get some mods done under the bonnet to justify the size of the wing though

I'm assuming you getting the wing custom made?

Yeah my golf had 9 sets on it haha!

Yeah the guy sells them but from the states awaiting price of shipping.

Power wise will be turbo over next winter.

I may have wing and diffuser custom made, exhaust is also going to be custom. Will have a centre exit LP670 exhaust

1 minute ago, SL03JOE said:

Coilovers?

What's the specs bud? And condition?

Hks hypermax iv coilovers full damping and hight adjustment almost immaculate condition have a look on my for sale thread 😊

Update:

So viewed car tonight, car will be finished end of next week!

Anyway your all here for pictures!

f42f2258ce7efac4ca6c3f833df07412.jpg

af55b6eb814a37d5d1c39ab3a7d22a5d.jpg

6043211ae235f8fad6bd723b4b743d55.jpg

596a26b0566d2ad5c19e3a0acc6f203f.jpg

8f88036ee463930e64330020871e5d54.jpg

9565c406bbf17fd3e6ba16db3fd43bc0.jpg

84d8eb5be1b7f572b305b0ec703dc02b.jpg

6b18d2c1850d8d8e7c3c1ad05eed2e2d.jpg

As you can see a little for bits to go and then the cars being resprayed.

Also fitted up with the downstar hardware ofc to give it a nice finishing touch.

Coilovers seem to have been bought!

Now just to see what wheels my sponsor

Comes up with! Unsure on 19" looking more

Towards wide 18"

Also insured my R as my new daily as I sold

My old daily this week! Pic for attention

8472fbbb050f3885d43aa0e893da231a.jpg