Willtl

Who is the tallest driver here?

I'm 6 foot 4 and a half inches and although I didn't have any problems in either of the test drives (longest was about an hour), last night my back, legs and in the middle of the night, my arms were a bit achy. Could be that I'm old, tall or the aches are just a coincidence, but wondered if any other drivers are as tall as me and whether they get any aches through driving, at least initially.

My main pain seems  to be in my left thigh and I think the problem is due to the low seats not supporting my thighs properly. I'm going to see if I can introduce either a small cushion or towel between my thighs and the seat for extra support.

12 minutes ago, Willtl said:

My main pain seems  to be in my left thigh and I think the problem is due to the low seats not supporting my thighs properly. I'm going to see if I can introduce either a small cushion or towel between my thighs and the seat for extra support.

have you got the seat jacked up to its highest position?

33 minutes ago, Tareim said:

have you got the seat jacked up to its highest position?

I have it at the lowest, if I jack it up my legs would rub the steering wheel! Actually, I think even at the highest it still wouldn't support my long legs properly. :(

On 24 November 2015 at 12:37:37, smudge said:

our 86 is "Our Car" well the wife as I have my toys and daily drive but use the 86 often. She's 5ft 2" so vertically challenged ;)

I would not have it any other way 

6 hours ago, chillismoke said:

6 foot 6 and no problems (just)

Do you find your thighs aren't fully on the seat? I adjusted my driving position last night (reclined the seat more) and tried slightly raising the seat (any more and my head touches the roof). Not tried driving it yet in this position, but hopefully some improvement when I do tomorrow.

6 hours ago, chillismoke said: 6 foot 6 and no problems (just)

Do you find your thighs aren't fully on the seat? I adjusted my driving position last night (reclined the seat more) and tried slightly raising the seat (any more and my head touches the roof). Not tried driving it yet in this position, but hopefully some improvement when I do tomorrow.

Have you got cloth or leather?

I found the leather ones to be more supportive.

2 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

Leather. I test drove both versions and didn't have any problems during the test drives. I can only conclude that it is now a seat setup position or my elderly legs are causing me trouble. :(

2 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:  

Leather. I test drove both versions and didn't have any problems during the test drives. I can only conclude that it is now a seat setup position or my elderly legs are causing me trouble.

I have two positions. More laid back for longer journeys and more upright for spirited driving.

The bite is quit high in our cars maybe it's that. Does your left leg feel worse?

1 hour ago, Foulsmell said:

The bite is quit high in our cars maybe it's that. Does your left leg feel worse?

Yep. Kind of surprised as it does very little. I'm beginning to think it may not be the fault of the car, just that the car is highlighting the problem.

6 hours ago, chillismoke said: 6 foot 6 and no problems (just)

No not had this problem, seat as far back and as low as possible. I practically drive from the back seat

I'm 6ft 2"

Took me  a while to get the seat "right"...........now really hate it if it gets moved for any reason.

Only niggle I have is if I don't take those extra few seconds to get myself settled properly before setting off....

.....you know, getting yourself squared in the seat properly with just the right amount of bum-pushed-back.

If I just jump in and go I find myself sat ever so slightly to one side so that it can cause an ache in my left side where I'm pushed up against the bolster too much.

1 hour ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

How tall is Faith?

I'm pretty short at 5 8. Get teased about it by my wife's family all the time as they're built like beanpoles!

Approximately 3 foot, I trod on her head Saturday! Little gnome.