adamj29

Adam's Stage 3 Turbo Rocket Bunny

If you end up bringing your car along to the TD open day, do yourself a favour and hide the keys from me. 

I'm from the valleys, I have no problem stealing something from right under the owners' nose.

You've been warned :ph34r:

3 hours ago, SL03JOE said:

Excited to see this done! I tried to buy arches from Nige also but he left the forum before replying emoji20.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. How are you getting on with your wheels and coilovers? Nige is on the owners forum if you need to contact him mate, but looks like your body work guy has done a spot on job on arches so no worries.  :)

3 hours ago, SL03JOE said: Excited to see this done! I tried to buy arches from Nige also but he left the forum before replying

Cheers mate. How are you getting on with your wheels and coilovers? Nige is on the owners forum if you need to contact him mate, but looks like your body work guy has done a spot on job on arches so no worries.  

Coilovers I've got sorted I think.

Wheels I'll be using cosmis wheels with Adapters for now! Until my golf sells!

545ff490e37a3987401547e9c9007b31.jpg

Stripped the interior panels this weekend, ready for the hydrographics (Gold carbon weave). Fairly straight forward job, a philips and flat head did the job. The biggest pain was the two silver pieces of trim either side of the air con controls. to remove then you need to remove the whole centre console. 
12615517_10153511079398251_8357245382338

This morning I dropped the car off at the bodywork garage, for the wide body kit to fitted. As most of you know it's not an easy kit to fit. Cutting, welding, preparing the panels etc is required prior to fitting. The car will be in there for 2 -3 weeks, Let the transformation begin...

12719069_10153511079563251_8325759192538

12764348_10153511079333251_5959674167184

Further updates soon...

1 hour ago, SL03JOE said:

Excited to see finished product! Was hoping to collect mine but next week now! Nice to see quite a few RB GT86 now in the Uk

I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve. I bet you are too, not long now for you. I've bet you've missed your car.

10 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Like the Nardi wheel...

Thanks mate, Really nice feel to it, makes a hell of a difference and easy to fit :D

9 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

We all had 'em in our old Saabs - usually bought off someone with a mk1 MX5... They're lovely. Assume you put the stock wheel back on at MOT time... ;-)

My first Nardi was on my old MX-5. Yeah, I'll be putting back the stock one for a day and I will have to do something about the side repeaters as the current ones are getting deleted with the wide body kit.... Not sure what I'm going to do, maybe just a light bulb and cable hanging off my wing mirror, held on by blue tack perhaps haha.

2 hours ago, adamj29 said:

My first Nardi was on my old MX-5. Yeah, I'll be putting back the stock one for a day and I will have to do something about the side repeaters as the current ones are getting deleted with the wide body kit.... Not sure what I'm going to do, maybe just a light bulb and cable hanging off my wing mirror, held on by blue tack perhaps haha.

put an orange led strip in the garnish? sorta like the intecs

How so? Thought to get an MOT these days your car has to have all the safety systems it was fitted with from new.

To clarify... My understanding was if a car never had airbags, abs etc etc (or can convincingly look like it didn't) you're fine, otherwise not.

Even known people caught out by the old dodge of removing warning light bulbs as they check that all the bulbs illuminate correctly at ignition.

It's also why my car wouldn't currently pass MOT as I have no TPS sensors on the winter wheels so I have a permanent warning light. Luckily my MOT falls in June...

Other new checks include driver's seat adjustment and defective stability control systems. If a vehicle left the showroom with airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners fitted as standard, they still need to be present and correct if it's going to pass its test.

This has been a bit of a worry for drivers with cars modified for track use. If you've swapped your airbag-equipped steering wheel for a tasty racing one, fixed your bucket seat in a permanent position and replaced the original seatbelts with a set of harnesses, does that mean a failed MOT?

Probably not, fortunately. A VOSA spokesman has told us that, when the new updates do come in, the inspection manual will include a more thorough definition of modified vehicles in that it will state:

"Where a car has been extensively modified or converted, certain Reasons for Rejection such as 'components missing where fitted as standard' should not be applied, for example:

• A car converted for rally use (i.e. rear seats removed and fitted with a roll cage and full harness seatbelts etc) may have been converted so as not to require a brake servo, power steering or airbags.

VOSA says it is expected that modifications to cars converted for track or rally use will be permanent and readily identifiable, and wouldn't include those where an airbag has been disconnected for "occasional" off-road use, for instance.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1130476

It's something along the lines of "If it's not there, they can't fail it"

So like rear seatbelts. If they're present, they have to work. If they're not there, they can't test/fail it

My thoughts exactly