Tweedbean

Drivers club structure and background

Basically as I am inquisitive and with all this talk of founding fathers/mothers etc in another thread I went to look for some information on the club itself. 

Most forums I have used/administrated in the past have a thread with a brief description of the club, its history and an introduction to the moderators/admin/owners.

Was there ever a mission statement created when you guys decided to create this forum and if so what was it?   This all helps to give any new or potential members a good idea of what the forum is all about and where it came from.

There was never a mission statement, but I don't believe in such things, it's a bit of an outdated fad in my opinion. 

In a nutshell, there were a number of us that wished for the other forum to become a non-profit organisation using the forum income to help provide and fund events for members. They didn't want to do that, so we setup our own club which is a non-profit limited company to limit our liability. 

We were then banned from the other club the moment we became directors. That's it. 

The directors are:

Me

Rob

Keith

Alec

Spec K is club secretary, but not a director. 

We decided to setup our own club at Japfest 2013. I am already a director of another club, IMOC-UK, so I knew about how to set it up and run it.

Having been on another GT86 forums but  i'm glad I found this place. Everyone seems helpful. A forum is only as good as it's members. And why i'm happy to contribute to the place as best as I can 

Lauren hit it on the head not really a lot to add

For reference

Keith is Keethos and Alec is Keelerad as far as names on the forum go. Alec provides the biscuits and crisps at all the meets :P

If there is anything specific you would like to know about the club just fire away here :)

There was never a mission statement, but I don't believe in such things, it's a bit of an outdated fad in my opinion. 

In a nutshell, there were a number of us that wished for the other forum to become a non-profit organisation using the forum income to help provide and fund events for members. They didn't want to do that, so we setup our own club which is a non-profit limited company to limit our liability. 

We were then banned from the other club the moment we became directors. That's it. 

The directors are:

Me

Rob

Keith

Alec

Spec K is club secretary, but not a director. 

We decided to setup our own club at Japfest 2013. I am already a director of another club, IMOC-UK, so I knew about how to set it up and run it.

Lauren, I am not 'Club Secretary'. That is a formal role and I think Rob275 is drinking from that chalice.. mine's empty...

For the information of this Club's Members - I have no active role in this Forum (which is a company and complies with company law) - I am merely a Trustee, which is the equivalent of a 'shareholder', and I proposed the constitution (to the current directors) and paid for the 'company limited by guarantee' incorporation to get it off the ground.

(..and I was sober at the time...  :ph34r: )

The constitution of this Club (company) is a not-for-profit organisation. All excess income must be devoted to improving the services/facilities provided to its members, none of whom are asked to buy shares nor are required to pay subscriptions. The directors get zilch, the trustees get zilch - it is done through a community enthusiasm.

Those that do (pay subscriptions) get certain financial benefits, as determined by the directors - those that don't pay subscriptions still benefit from free access to the Forum and the assets which the Club continues to accrue. (Most of these are event-related, for obvious reasons..). It costs quite a lot to keep this 'Forum' going (just in terms of 'Forum' internet access and maintenance) and it would help the finances if many of you cheapskate freeloaders ^^ww enthusiasts were to take 'Premium Membership'.. oops.

Mission statements are for evangelists in Africa. If anyone wishes to devote effort to learning more about this Club our Mem/Arts of Association are freely available from Companies House.

I am sure the directors will rectify any errors I have made. But I think I've got it about right, Lauren.

Spec K

My 2p worth, having been on the board and forim moderator in a large car club I know just how much work is involved. Since joining the club both Debs and myself have been made extremely welcome. Even being an old guit I feel on an even keel with the younger members, a very nice club to be in and a great bunch of people. Look forward to many more fun times and glad to help out if needed.

after finding out that companies house is actually free (rather than £1 per doc apparently) to browse right now due to it being beta I thought I would be nosey and have a gander at the club on there, should anyone else wish to then here you go https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08590924

Say something naughty like asking how to get the best MPG or why don't they make a Diesel model and you'll quickly find out who the Moderators are  ;)

One thing I do like is how membership is optional, too many clubs operate "u gotta pay m8 to see stuff" when all you're really looking for is a part number for a clip to hold some trim on your mum's car before she takes it to the dealer.

Nice to see that we directors span 4 decades, so pretty inclusive age wise

Alec 60's rep

Lauren 70's

Keith 80's 

and Baby Rob 90's

Alec

Nice to see that we directors span 4 decades, so pretty inclusive age wise

Alec 60's rep

Lauren 70's

Keith 80's

and Baby Rob 90's

Alec

How on earth do you agree on music at the meets?

And the thought that Rob was born in the nineties makes me feel VERY old. Surely that was only a couple of years back?

How on earth do you agree on music at the meets?

And the thought that Rob was born in the nineties makes me feel VERY old. Surely that was only a couple of years back?

I like to think that I bring something fresh to the table  :lol: