iddrew

Special K's Adventures in Malta

Hey Guys,

Dropping in to update everyone on what's going on at the moment! (I know i've gone a bit silent on my build thread but don't you worry, lots of info coming soon. spoiler alert: it's going well :D)

Anyway, So i picked up this mad old man up from the airport on Friday night that goes by the name of "Keith"! I thought it would be funny to wait for him in the Arrivals area holding up a Special K cereal sign! He walked right passed me though ;( I spotted him from his Custom Fensport/Toyota embroidered jacket (really jealous about that one!) so i chased him and eventually met up with him.

After loading up the luggage into the back of the very spacious GT86 :P we headed off to his hotel. Not too shabby i must admit! spitting (literally) distance from the sea!
A couple of beers + 2 hours later we were still at it, talking, laughing having a good time in general, before we called it a night.

This morning i picked Keith up from the hotel, we went to sort out his rent-a-car, got it back to the hotel, and made our way to a lovely restaurant (which Keith seems to have fallen in love with) for what i must say was a SPECTACULAR lunch! Beer, Wine, oysters, cigarettes the LOT! We were there from around 12 till 6PM! Awesome time we had exchanging stories!

We have plans to catch the ferry tomorrow and spend the day on the small but lovely island of Gozo! 

This guy is a total and utter nutter! True petrol head! Love him! :D

More to come ;)

Wait until he's had a few wines, then ask him, "So Keith, why do you stick with an Auto 'box instead of just going for a manual".

Prepare for a very long reply that may include some expletives :P  :P

haha yeah you were all right about the wine :P We've got it under control now though (not at all) :P

Last Sunday we had a fantastic day in Gozo! roaming around the island in the 86, we then went for another lovely lunch at Ta' Tmun restaurant (obviously with a nice bottle of wine to compliment the meal), carried on sight seeing, stopped at the beautiful Azure window for an ice-cream and at about 6PM caught the ferry back to Malta.

Below is a picture of us at the Azure Window (YES! i managed to finally get a pic of Keith on the forum :P SUCCESS! )

@Nigelr32 oh we had that discussion alright! hahaha

post-1293-0-41265200-1435660590_thumb.jp

Not me! lol

I went to the Azure Window a couple of years ago when I was last out that way (also stopped there for an ice cream).

There were a bunch of nutters jumping in the sea when I was there, sod that!  :lol:

What a star you are spending so much time with a guy you hardly knew.

I hope Keith is buying you lots of drinks!! He certainly looks very happy in that pic.

An update to Spec K's visit :

Keith was kind enough to invite my girlfriend and myself on a yacht he chartered this week! What a fantastic day it was! We sailed around the maltese islands, stopping at the tiny island of Comino and having a swim in the blue lagoon! Followed by lots and lots of wine & beer we headed on to another quiet bay, ate some nibbles and carried on sailing! Keith was teaching us the ropes (pun intended) in sailing. had me and my girlfriend do a maad 360 turn with the yacht! great stuff. Unfortunately we had to cancel our dinner reservations as my on-call phone started ringing and i had to go to work in the evening.

Today i picked up Keith from the hotel and we headed to the local (and only) drag stip. Met my racing team mates, again opened a couple bottles of wine, and had a great time! 

Below is a picture of all of us together along side my buddy's Amuse Widebody S2000, MY HKS GT86, and my other buddy's drift missile Skyline R33

post-1293-0-64938500-1435878905_thumb.jp

Wow, I can't believe Keith is doing so much/spending so much time with someone in another country that he's only spoken to a couple of times on a forum, I love this club!

Fantastic stuff. It's always so good to travel and meet other owners in other countries. Sounds like you've been well looked after by Keith. :)

Reminds me of the fantastic time I had in Japan last year with like minded enthusiasts. :)