Camilz

Greetings from Surrey!

Thanks! Literally a stones throw away :o !! For now I'm going to leave it stock and not void my warranty :P after that depending on funds plan is to get a few performance mods to boost up the power after a few years of running it stock! Haven't ever done track days before but thats something Id like to do in the future aswell ( my previous car was a people carrier xD )

Thanks! Literally a stones throw away :o !! For now I'm going to leave it stock and not void my warranty :P after that depending on funds plan is to get a few performance mods to boost up the power after a few years of running it stock! Haven't ever done track days before but thats something Id like to do in the future aswell ( my previous car was a people carrier xD )

Where abouts in Weybridge are you?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! & Im up near the train station! How have you managed to retain your warranty? and whats the Toyota Sprint series? :o

Warranty remains got the parts that you haven't replaced or that are not directly affect by e.g. changing exhaust means no toyota warranty cover on the new exhaust system but you are still covered on everything else e.g. interior etc, and even engine issues assuming they can't trace the fault back to the new exhaust. But this will heavily depend on your local dealer, they might say that you've lost your warranty completely but that's not true, it might just be that they don't want the job/hassle.

As for the Toyota Sprint Series, it's a Sprint ran by Adrian @ Fensport, Javelin trackdays and Toyota RRG at various tracks primarily down the east coast of England. Check out the TSS section in events.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!! & Im up near the train station! How have you managed to retain your warranty? and whats the Toyota Sprint series? :o

My local dealer (RRG Macclesfield) has fitted all my aftermarket parts. In fact I bought the car with a Milltek exhaust and induction kit as my dealer offered it as an option! Since then a number of other parts have gone on including suspension etc. The only thing I've really had an issue with is the Milltek cracking which my dealer sorted for me, no problem. 

To give you an idea of this forward thinking, the next demo car at RRG is going to have a remap! 

I've also had a coilpack and a heated seat switch replaced under warranty in the last 64K miles. 

I'm right by Addlestone station so not far. Let me know if you ever need any help or have any queries about the car. More than happy to meet up :)

So far I've modified:

Suspension

Wheels

Manifold

Overpipe

Front pipe

Catback exhaust

Interior

Engine (supercharged)

and brakes will be done soon

So there isn't much left for Toyota to cover under warranty :lol:  having said that, I'll soon be taking her into Toyota to fix a few niggling things like scratches on the window from the mechanism inside the door card, passenger seat has a bit of wear that has been agreed isn't within the usual "wear and tear" guidelines and anything else I can find! Only major part left under warranty for me is gearbox, but that's getting a new clutch and flywheel soon, so I guess that'll be off the list as well :lol:

As long as you take it to a dealer that knows that they're talking about (like Richard @ RRG Macclesfield) then they can justify the warranty even if you've modified. One example is a guy who had a headlight fail, and his local dealer said it was due to the coilovers he'd put on the car - RUBBISH! So another dealer took a look and agreed it was just a faulty headlight, nothing to do with the suspension and replaced it under warranty

TSS is great fun if you're a driving enthusiast. You race on your own against the clock, so there's no risk of running into anyone else on the track. You can drive within your own limits, race some cool tracks and meet some really nice people along the way too

See here for TSS website

http://www.toyotasprint.com/tss/index.php

Some vids of runs on the club youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/GT86BRZOwners/playlists), these from Croft last year but there are loads of others on there

so much info ! lol thanks everyone! and that is quite forward thinking! I might have a chat with my contact within my local dealer altho for now I gotta save up! that definitely sounds quite cool what would be the costs involved to run the TSS? and yes smudge potentially interested in a meet up at some point curious to see the mods and how they change/ affect the car!

so much info ! lol thanks everyone! and that is quite forward thinking! I might have a chat with my contact within my local dealer altho for now I gotta save up! that definitely sounds quite cool what would be the costs involved to run the TSS? and yes smudge potentially interested in a meet up at some point curious to see the mods and how they change/ affect the car!

Each round is £140 (I think, not competing this year so I may be wrong) and you have fuel, hotel etc to consider. But it's fairly cheap, there are 6 rounds throughout the year. It runs a separate GT86 Cup within it :)

For the TSS I would say budget £250 for the weekend. This includes the Premier Inn where all the social stuff happens. Plenty of beer and a meal together in the evening. 

Fuel costs on the track are fairly minimal. You won't use much more than a quarter of a tank. Entry for TSS is £139 or so, Premier Inn varies, but got Croft at £54 for August, then it's just fuel costs for getting there and obviously food and beer. It's a great weekend away and we have a right good social with lots of banter included. :)

So I could join up at any point during the year, but my overall points would be really low? would I need to invest in an extra set of tyres& rims for the track ( even just an extra set of stock ones), or will i be able to drive back home with my rubber intact and road legal? :P

Pretty much, last year I did the last three... But still got third in class I think...

Tyres are up to you, first two events I did I changed at the track due to which set the grippy ones were on (Goodyear Eagles) now I just just drive too and from on the same (Advan V105)

As long as you have decent tread on to begin with you'll be fine, sprinting isn't that hard on them