Kesler

Kesler's Pearl White 86 Diary

Kesler - If you find you are 'bottoming out' on rear bump (which can happen on lowered springs, especially under acceleration 'squat' and uneven road surface) it could be worthwhile getting your mate Phil to cut down the (rubber) rear suspension bump stops. It's not a difficult job.

If you do so, make sure you cut off from the narrow (lower) end of the cone-shaped rubber. Or phone Fensport - they can provide them (I think)

Spec K 

If it's any help I have non-res Milltek with a secondary cat delete and over-pipe. It's absolutely fine on the motorway no drone at all. I do 400+ miles a week, with a fair bit of motorway thrown in. Not an issue. 

Kesler - If you find you are 'bottoming out' on rear bump (which can happen on lowered springs, especially under acceleration 'squat' and uneven road surface) it could be worthwhile getting your mate Phil to cut down the (rubber) rear suspension bump stops. It's not a difficult job.

If you do so, make sure you cut off from the narrow (lower) end of the cone-shaped rubber. Or phone Fensport - they can provide them (I think)

Spec K 

Ah thank you mate, will definitely bear this in mind if I experience this!

If it's any help I have non-res Milltek with a secondary cat delete and over-pipe. It's absolutely fine on the motorway no drone at all. I do 400+ miles a week, with a fair bit of motorway thrown in. Not an issue. 

This is great help thanks Lauren, it's always good to know another driver's experience with different setups so it helps me get closer to what I should be expecting :)

These cars are awfully quieter than the Type R's when it comes to exhausts - I like it, but perhaps over time if I find it too quiet then I may go with an non resonated section.

Also it looks like the Cobra Sport exhausts are just that much louder even with the resonated section?

Yeah, the Cobra system can be pretty loud, especially if you have the 2nd CAT deleted and you went non res....108dbs which as you can image is pretty bloomin loud

Cobra can't seem to make an exhaust that is consistent in how loud it is. 108Db should be a criminal offence IMO. That's the issue really. I wouldn't touch a Milltek with a bargepole though, I'm on my third due to the previous two cracking. 

Cobra can't seem to make an exhaust that is consistent in how loud it is. 108Db should be a criminal offence IMO. That's the issue really. I wouldn't touch a Milltek with a bargepole though, I'm on my third due to the previous two cracking. 

That is interesting with the Milltek, after all these years, a big name with a big price - failing on something simple. That's certainly knocked my confidence back and changed my perception of them

To be honest I have gone the go loud or go home route! 

Borla UEL no cats and an Invidia N1, surprisingly bearable on a day to day basis. Although car alarms will hate you!

This is the setup I have and I find it hugely addictive (note I had to find a vid on YouTube as I haven't got round to filming mine yet) 

I will grab some footage this weekend though. 

I know, Matt (Injection Imports) has helped me out with a few Project Mu stuff in the past.

However Japanese exhausts + International freight + Import + The chance of being stung on something I've never heard of = £££

Still, if there are any meets I could attend to soon (to meet everyone :) ) then perhaps there could be someone with a different exhaust I'd love to hear :)

I know, Matt (Injection Imports) has helped me out with a few Project Mu stuff in the past.

However Japanese exhausts + International freight + Import + The chance of being stung on something I've never heard of = £££

Still, if there are any meets I could attend to soon (to meet everyone :) ) then perhaps there could be someone with a different exhaust I'd love to hear :)

Japfest 16th May :)

The reason I bought the Milltek is because it was part of an upgrade package when I bought the car. To be fair it sounds great. Just wished it didn't crack. A lifetime warranty means it's not cost me a penny or any hassle to get them replaced as my dealer is RRG and they don't mess about. :)

To be honest I have gone the go loud or go home route! 

Borla UEL no cats and an Invidia N1, surprisingly bearable on a day to day basis. Although car alarms will hate you!

This sounds PHENOMENAL!!

If I was buying again, I would go to JP Exhausts in Macc and get a system made up to spec. 

Lauren do you think custom exhausts would be the way to go with these cars? I do like the Hayward & Scott ones they do

Has anyone tried BTB exhausts, I had one on my clio and the quality and sound were superb.

I didn't actually realise they existed to be honest, but I'll check them out. Not that I will need an exhaust anytime soon.

Wheels on the way :)

Kessler, I have a brand new resonated 3" cat back Perrin exhaust which I want £600 for. Check out the YouTube vids for a sound check.

Kessler, I have a brand new resonated 3" cat back Perrin exhaust which I want £600 for. Check out the YouTube vids for a sound check.

Ah now these sound great too! You guys are spoiling me with exhausts, when my one gives up the ghost I'll come find you guys to educate me some more :)

Lauren do you think custom exhausts would be the way to go with these cars? I do like the Hayward & Scott ones they do

I would only recommend JP, as I've used them before and had various work/systems made up for cars I've owned. Years ago when I was helping with Elise K20A conversions they were the only one able to make a manifold that didn't crack. I just think their workmanship is outstanding, but I wouldn't consider someone else. H&S holds no interest for me. 

I would only recommend JP, as I've used them before and had various work/systems made up for cars I've owned. Years ago when I was helping with Elise K20A conversions they were the only one able to make a manifold that didn't crack. I just think their workmanship is outstanding, but I wouldn't consider someone else. H&S holds no interest for me. 

That's really good information - thank you! :) :)

This sounds PHENOMENAL!!

It does put a smile on my face every time I drive it! Obviously it isn't for some people, but to me it is the meanest combination I could think of, and I don't regret it at all! 

Got a huge increase in flow for power ready for when I get it mapped next week, and It retains that boxer rumble. 

I'm Interested to see what you go for :) 

Lol Kesler, you're like me with leaving the plastic on. I still have the film on my pedals/footrest and I also left the blue film that comes on the door sills  :lol: I didn't have any dealer prep/PDI done so had the option.

After hearing that video, I can't wait to hear your car at Japfest James! You might change my EL mani only mindset!