Kesler

Kesler's Pearl White 86 Diary

Lol Kesler, you're like me with leaving the plastic on. I still have the film on my pedals/footrest and I also left the blue film that comes on the door sills  :lol:

After hearing that video, I can't wait to hear your car at Japfest James! You might change my EL mani only mindset!

I still have mine too, and i've had my car over 2 years! It's not a Chinese thing. Of maybe it is and i've got a bit of Asian in me, who knows. I'd say I look Russian if anything

Lol Kesler, you're like me with leaving the plastic on. I still have the film on my pedals/footrest and I also left the blue film that comes on the door sills  :lol: I didn't have any dealer prep/PDI done so had the option.

After hearing that video, I can't wait to hear your car at Japfest James! You might change my EL mani only mindset!

Well depending on what time you leave for the hotel on Friday buddy I could meet you on the way down to Chippenham? You're only local after all and Witham is on the way as I go down the A12! 

It does put a smile on my face every time I drive it! Obviously it isn't for some people, but to me it is the meanest combination I could think of, and I don't regret it at all! 

Got a huge increase in flow for power ready for when I get it mapped next week, and It retains that boxer rumble. 

I'm Interested to see what you go for :)

It really does sound good, can't wait to hear it in person :) There is a good video of a Milltek setup which sounds great, but Lauren's experience has put me off Milltek somewhat. 

When you get the 86 mapped, are you also able to focus on certain areas when mapping - like 'I want more on acceleration' or does it not work like that?

Lol Kesler, you're like me with leaving the plastic on. I still have the film on my pedals/footrest and I also left the blue film that comes on the door sills  :lol: I didn't have any dealer prep/PDI done so had the option.

I still have mine too, and i've had my car over 2 years! It's not a Chinese thing. Of maybe it is and i've got a bit of Asian in me, who knows. I'd say I look Russian if anything

Are we all related?

It really does sound good, can't wait to hear it in person :) There is a good video of a Milltek setup which sounds great, but Lauren's experience has put me off Milltek somewhat. 

When you get the 86 mapped, are you also able to focus on certain areas when mapping - like 'I want more on acceleration' or does it not work like that?

I'll be happy to give whoever is interested a spin in her so they can hear it. 

I wouldn't trust the Milltek systems at all. I have had many friends who have had VW's (a milltek favourite brand) in the past that have been tuned and all of their Milltek exhausts rusted away, failed or had problems. 

I am not too sure on the answer to that, but my appointment with him is on Friday so will be able to give a definitive answer when I get back home :) 

Isn't that what everyone wants, more power/faster acceleration? You can do anything you want with the mapping. Being a Honda lad, why not get Mase do it? My mate keeps badgering me as he knows Mase well. Come to mention it, I wonder if you know my mate Spencer.... used to have a S/C EP3.

Isn't that what everyone wants, more power/faster acceleration? You can do anything you want with the mapping. Being a Honda lad, why not get Mase do it? My mate keeps badgering me as he knows Mase well. Come to mention it, I wonder if you know my mate Spencer.... used to have a S/C EP3.

Hey Knightryder,

I think everyone wants the ECU to be more understanding, get rid of any EMLs, see the improvements of any bolt-ons and fine tune/fettle things to suit the driver. Well, that's what I believe anyway!

If everyone just wants more power/faster acceleration tuners could just build a base map for people and be done with it - but hey, I actually know nothing about mapping! 

Who is Mase? If I were to tune the Honda back then it'll be either Paul or Romain, wouldn't let anyone else touch the ECU. Not sure of a Spencer mate, there are loads of supercharged/turbo Civics out there so I might have said hello but not know who he is!

If everyone just wants more power/faster acceleration tuners could just build a base map for people and be done with it - but hey, I actually know nothing about mapping! 

Who is Mase? If I were to tune the Honda back then it'll be either Paul or Romain, wouldn't let anyone else touch the ECU. Not sure of a Spencer mate, there are loads of supercharged/turbo Civics out there so I might have said hello but not know who he is!

I'd imagine that these days that most tunes are base maps then just touched up for individual cars. Once a tuner gets a few throough the door you manage to work out what works and the maps to change.

Mase (Steve Mason: http://maseengineering.com/blog/) was always the go-to guy when I was in the Honda scene, they fly him in from the States. I think Spencer has had his Boxer Spyder done by him too. I just wondered if you knew him as he's always at Honda meets like Mimms etc.

I'd imagine that these days that most tunes are base maps then just touched up for individual cars. Once a tuner gets a few throough the door you manage to work out what works and the maps to change.

Mase (Steve Mason: http://maseengineering.com/blog/) was always the go-to guy when I was in the Honda scene, they fly him in from the States. I think Spencer has had his Boxer Spyder done by him too. I just wondered if you knew him as he's always at Honda meets like Mimms etc.

Ah now you've explained it I think I do know Mase - he works with Mark (Advance Evolution, was in Watford now in North Weald) on some tuning projects when he's in the UK yes. But thank you for the info on mapping.

I think I'm not in a position where I require a map as yet - currently getting the cosmetics sorted. Toyota has taken their sweet time with the car, and as a result they've driven it more than I have!

That said, there was an Orange and a Red 86 at the Supercar Sunday breakfast club in Goodwood over the weekend, the guy in the red waved, so I wonder if he is on here.

The journey from Hemel to Aldershot to Goodwood did feel like an episode of Initial D; rainy mountain type roads, hillclimbs, downhill chases, an 86. All I was missing was some tofu and a cup of water.

Wheels, spigot rings and now wheel nuts have arrived.

Just waiting for the tyres to arrive - I've gone for the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's in 225/40/18 XL.

That said, there was an Orange and a Red 86 at the Supercar Sunday breakfast club in Goodwood over the weekend

I wondered if it was a BC meet on Sunday as I saw loads of nice cars on the A27 when I was down near Lewes and Brighton. Some nice roads down near Goodwood for driving too.

I wondered if it was a BC meet on Sunday as I saw loads of nice cars on the A27 when I was down near Lewes and Brighton. Some nice roads down near Goodwood for driving too.

Sorry mate, what's a BC meet? But almost certainly there were epic cars everywhere that day:

Tim's car:

11193254_10153771174691102_7795618226127

11188294_10153771174791102_3393950143877

10403367_10153771174886102_8473111423354

Right, so on closer inspection I was missing the markings on the number plate to make it road legal, deeming it to be showplate only. Phoned the supplier who apologised and sent out a new one with the markings.

Just as well as there was a blemish on the first plate which I wasn't too happy about.

I've also measured the centre cap diameter for my new wheels and subsequently bought these:

$(KGrHqRHJEEFJ!2+QdNTBSWvL8JG2!~~60_57.J