I just can't help myself!!

I have a big issue guys, something I need help for...

I see GT86's as objects to be taken apart. They just beg me to unclip, unscrew and break the seal on each and every part of them. Take my project build as an example.. I mean really, it's just a shell now!!

You can see it in the background on its new wooden frame, and parked in front is "Steve's" car as it arrived last Sunday.

IMG_3098.jpg

Just look at it now!!

IMG_3109.jpg

Ahhh, that's better!!

Now we get to the real problem I have.. look what I've done to it now!!

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

All the additional wiring for the sound system forced me to remove the dash as the installers used some of the stock loom to wire in the speakers, then there was all the wiring for the Teins, which are going to be sold and the fact that the seats are being picked up tomorrow and the red and black interior from my brand new car is going in this one.

As I said, I just can't help myself. I need help and for heavens sake, don't give me any tools if I am near your pride and joy.. it'll be in bits in minutes!!

Thanks Lauren, I think it looks much better. I didn't mind the pattern, it was the blue and grey together I didn't like.

Steve's car will be a daily driver, or more of a "Out for a leisurely drive" car. I am taking it back to stock initially.

She was a beast once, in a former life.

She is donating parts to another beast and she will retire as stock little Cat C write off-run around.

Nigel - you are awesome!

Apart from anything else - where on earth do you find the time to do all this?

I reckon you must have the National Elf Service hidden in your glove compartment... goes with the snow white cars...

Spec K

Thanks for the compliments guys. I do nothing other than work and play with my cars. (And go to the pub)

I have learned a lot about these cars from stripping mine. The main thing I've learned is that these things are a swine to take apart, but simply clip back together. I have never seen so many clips in one car in my life!!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I do nothing other than work and play with my cars. (And go to the pub)

I have learned a lot about these cars from stripping mine. The main thing I've learned is that these things are a swine to take apart, but simply clip back together. I have never seen so many

clips in one car in my life!!

Can't wait to see your car when it is done

As I said earlier, they go back together pretty easily...

IMG_3116.jpg

This is the red interior out of my new GT86 project car. I love the red and black, even though most people prefer the all black look.

IMG_3115.jpg

I have a new problem now though.... I can turn the ignition on, but not off?? I assumed that you press the button once to turn the ignition on, then once again to start the engine, (This car has no engine)then once again to turn the ignition off? Am I missing something??

Just... wow... I can't help with your question I'm afraid, just want to say how envious I am of your 'playing with cars' skills.

I used to feel a sense of accomplishment fitting an induction kit lmao  :lol:

The start procedure is press the clutch down and press the button once. That starts the engine. If you don't press the clutch down, then one press will bring alive the ancillaries, a second press will turn on the ignition. 

Pressing a third time will turn it all off again. 

Thanks Lauren. Thats what I thought should happen, and you have settled my mind.

I cant start the engine... I dont have one in there!!

I started another thread, I messed up one bit and now need to know how to get out of the poo I've put myself in!!

It may be because you don't have an engine in there that's causing the problem?

I managed to turn the ignition on and off before today Lauren. I think.....