Captain Duff

Mustang UK pricing and options

Now available on the Ford UK website: http://www.ford.co.uk/ConfigureyourCar?emailid=email-fob1505179-mustangjanuaryupdateemail-prelaunch-prelaunch-mustang-central-jan2015-uk-nwp-jan15-configureyourmustang#

2.3 Eco £29k and 5l V8 £33k

Anyone else planning a test drive just to have a nosey?!

I'll be looking into it just to put my mind at ease, it's certainly a looker and the 2.3 doesn't break the bank... but would I be able to live with saying I have a 4cyl Mustang when I can have similar performance from the GT86? It's probably better suited to A road fun rather than B road dashes.

Not as as nice looking as the GT350R, looks mean, they talk about proper suspension for real handling and what not but we'll see....and let's hope the quality improves as I've heard their interiors are proper cheap and nasty.

On a side note, how do you people get test drives without being chased by the dealers or giving them details and what not?

Not as as nice looking as the GT350R, looks mean, they talk about proper suspension for real handling and what not but we'll see....and let's hope the quality improves as I've heard their interiors are proper cheap and nasty.

On a side note, how do you people get test drives without being chased by the dealers or giving them details and what not?

Problem is so are ours!

The size may put me off - bigger than an A5 and 4 series!

Same here, love the concept, love the price (you can get a V8 Mustang AND a GT86 for the same price as an M4 V8), but realy think I will hate the size...

Same here, love the concept, love the price (you can get a V8 Mustang AND a GT86 for the same price as an M4 V8), but realy think I will hate the size...

Current M4 is 3 litre turbo. Old E90/E92 M3s were the 4.0 V8s... the bimmer has more torque and power from a smaller lump...

However, after sales care at BMW is shite in my experience (of owning an E90 M3)

The rear is missing a spoiler of some sort, nothing too ostentatious, but it needs something to finish the boot line

On another note, Mustang = Pony Car in the US - and we all know what "pony" is rhyming slang for... :P

FI with the GT is the way to go IMO  :D or go with the Chevy Camaro... 6.2 V8 because more is better...and I bet the volume even goes to 11!!!

I bought a brand new Mustang V8 GT in 2008, a different car I know, and I can tell you that even after fitting 20" wheels and low coil overs it still felt like driving around in a waterbed. I know the right hand drive will improve the overall feel of the car for me, but I'll bet it still feels huge? I was also surprised by the amount of underside components that weren't painted, like, for example, the whole rear axle.

I'm going to test drive it, but I think it'll be V8 only for me. Every other Mustang without a V8 has become undesirable by comparison, all over the world. I may be tempted, but it'll be the Fiat going in to buy one, not my precious GT86. With that in mind, and the fact I love my little Fiat, I probably would be better off staying away from the dealers?