smudge

Anti-Roll Bar

Stu tried various different thichness rear roll bars but on a stock suspension setup. He settled on the 16mm roll bar (14mm is stock) to redcue understeer. Unfortunately his blog is closed, otherwise I could link the videos he did. 

Roll bars and spring rates both affect the balance of the car (sorry to state the obvious).

I would suggest the 6kg front (+260% stiffer than stock) and 4kg rear (only 8% firmer than stock) of the HKS kit is the reason you have understeer.

You need to balance the rates out before trying to stiffen the rear roll bar to decrease understeer.

or the added BHP from the SC fitment;

If you runt he car to stiff on spring rates your loose traction stiffening the car just in roll will keep the traction but gain stiffness.

We fit a rear bar in our Stage 1 suspension kit 16mm , cures the understeer these cars seem to have built in them;

Running a big rear bar could cause traction issues thou I do agree.

I have Abbey's Stage 1 on my car and with the 18s and decent rubber, there was a massive improvement in turn in and confidence through the bends (especially on the B & unmarked roads I like to play on)

Back on my winters now and I'm sliding a lot, but maybe something to do with the amount of abuse the decent rubber could handle in combination with this setup (and decent alignment courtesy of Abbey).

I find my car goes all over the place, with winters on in comparison to the 225 Advans I had on during the summer. I think my more aggressive geo over stock contributes. But, what I've realised, is that it's way more fun, so I'm not going to put the Advans back on. Back to Primacy's for me when spring comes around. :)

I think you can also dial out the inherent understeer with a geo setup that has more camber and less toe in on the rear. I don't think I need thicker ARB's on my car as the balance is where I want it already. 

I find my car goes all over the place, with winters on in comparison to the 225 Advans I had on during the summer. I think my more aggressive geo over stock contributes. But, what I've realised, is that it's way more fun, so I'm not going to put the Advans back on. Back to Primacy's for me when spring comes around. :)

I think you can also dial out the inherent understeer with a geo setup that has more camber and less toe in on the rear. I don't think I need thicker ARB's on my car as the balance is where I want it already. 

This is why I think the car is great! We all like different things and we can get what we want out of it with very little £££ outlay!

Jay

sorry but it isnt a simple as saying they don't need to upgrade the rear bar

do you think GPRM are running a suspension system like ours , they are running slicks so roll centres and all other angles will be changed. There damper set up will be 3 way adjustable so Low speed and High speed bimp adjustment and rebound they might even have 4 way with low and high speed rebound. On our 350Z race car we tune the roll of the car on the Low speed bump adjustment. Our car runs without a front roll bar to add to cure understeer we see with our car.

We have done a lot of development using our own Car and we find the rear roll bar upgrade works very well and customers have backed this up on this thread.