Westonian

Brecon Beacons

Hi all,

A group of us 86 owners have decided to have a day out driving around the Brecon Beacons on Sunday 15th February.

We plan to meet at 8am at Aust services and drive in convoy from there.

After a great drive out we will finish with a pub lunch and good chat

PLEASE NOTE THIS DATE MAY CHANGE IF THE WEATHER IS BAD

If anyone wishes to join us please add your names below so I can get an idea if numbers. All 86 owners very welcome

Ian

That would be an awesome drive out.  Can't do the 15th as already have something booked, but will keep an eye out in case the date changes :-) 

I might be up for this but it'll heavily depend on where I'll need to be on the Monday for work i.e. whether I'll be at the office or on site somewhere and if it shortens my distance there or not.

We're up for this Ian! Hope the weather holds out as we can't make it on 22nd Feb any more if the date changes. 

There's a couple people on the other forum showing some interest as well. 

Kev, you are planning the route no? So make it tea stops aplenty. 

Glad to see some other people willing to join us for this. Love you South West regulars, but four cars every meet (plus the occasional show of old and new GTRs) is just a poor turn out really.

L xx

Would love to but it's a bit of a trek for me. Lovely area though, had a couple of PGL adventure holidays there when I was in primary school (and so strong memories of the smell of sick on the school coach for that particular journey!).

We'll have checked the weather and although not sunny it will be dry,so Sunday is a goer.

Plan is to meet at Aust services this side of the old Severn bridge at 8AM. After coffee and maybe a spot of breakfast we can drive off in convoy to our destination. (Kev,hope you've got the route sorted by now)

Sure it will be a great day and look forward to meeting some new owners on Sunday. If you have any questions drop me a message

Ian

Great trip around some fantastic roads today, and the scenery was amazing!
Some interesting "traffic" to negotiate at certain times...some might say there was a "Welsh Harem" in the road!!!  :ph34r:

The starting point Aust. Services around 8am
DSC_1606-Edit_zps47kevrfx.jpg

A pause somewhere at the end of a great road!

DSC_1608-Edit_zpstzbxvlny.jpg

DSC_1609-Edit_zps6jcqfbet.jpg

Then another break to take in some more scenery...

DSC_1612_zpsjw4sapvo.jpg

DSC_1615_zps0keku3ii.jpg

DSC_1614_zpsunlzi56s.jpg

DSC_1616_zpskq55gpmn.jpg

DSC_1618_zpsunfcrbcn.jpg

And some from the lunch stop - a pub with pukka chips!
DSC_1619_zpszu0uxzjo.jpg

DSC_1620_zpszhliv9ai.jpg

And then the long drive home...not a bad day - left home at 6:30am, back again around 5:30ish
Edited by Quixote