nickfrog

Condensation inside the windows

My recently aquired 12 GT86 on 11K miles produces a lot of condensation, particularly on the rear window. I always run the aircon and it clears quickly but the other evening outside my office the condensation was on the inside of the windscreen too, and quite a lot of it.

I normally asscociate that with a leak or water ingress. Problem is, I have no soggy carpets at all nor can I find any signs of damp in the car, including boot.

Is the car prone to this even without leak ?

Or could it be coming from a blocked drained, either AC or rain water drain ? Any tips where they are and how to check for blocages ?

Or from the bulkhead ?

Any ideas ?

It's very annoying considering how perfect the condition of the car is otherwise.

Thanks !

Nick

I run mine with the AC on constantly through the winter as otherwise it will just mist up. Don't forget if you're wet and get into the car you introduce water and hence moisture into it which contributes to the effect. 

I don't seem to have this issue though when it's warmer and drier. 

I've had this recently, but I think it's basically just from getting into the car after getting drenched from walking to car. I had it in my Abarth, and now in the GT86. Work's van too when I think about it.

I got a rather natty dehumidifier pad type thing from ASDA and it seems to work a treat. Reusable too. You just stick it in the microwave for 5 mins when indicator changes colour. Cost about a tenner I think.

Tried to find a link to the one I got without any success, but saw this on AMAZON.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuttable-Car-Dehumidifier-Bag-Condensation/dp/B00GRXE1SQ

Mine does this every morning but I put it down to constantly getting in and out of my car with wet shooting car it clears quick so I dont worry to much about it

I get this as well - the combination of the rear demister and the front screen clear button (the one on the left) usually clears it - but I have to keep them on! Alternatively open window a little. I think other posters are right - it's caused by wet clothing.

Thx guys. Looks quite normal. I parked 4 hours ago. 2 hours ago the rear window was fogged up inside. Now it's all clear (I didn't touch the car). Must be down to dew point varying...

Try having ice on the inside :D that said, toyota can't seem to get my bloody door seal/window sorted. Its practically fallen off.

Superglue Rob. ;-)

I get the condensation special effects too. As mentioned by others, I use the a/c and rear heater.

Glacial - tnx for Amazon link - unfortunately they're out of stock and don't know when they're getting any more!

I might pop up to my local Eurocars and see if they've got it.

Spec K

I think the issue is it's just not as insulated as other cars

Plus the internal cabin volume is very small, so it doesn't take much breathing when sat in it to really increase the moisture content of the air inside. I find I use the air-con all the time in the winter, but much less in the summer when I like an open window (unless on a M-way)...

Check if you have the air recycling button switched on. Maybe you get more condensation if you don't refresh the air in the cabin? I rarely have mine on, but I still sometimes get the condensation problem.

Check if you have the air recycling button switched on. Maybe you get more condensation if you don't refresh the air in the cabin? I rarely have mine on, but I still sometimes get the condensation problem.

I might give this a go, never really used it before.

Yes Lauren.

I've noticed that sometimes it switches itself on when the car's started. Can be a bit of a pain in the rear quarters as I'd prefer to have fresh air through the car, heated or not.