Hi everyone,

Thought to start a thread where we can keep all the Avo news and info in one place 

Starting off with some great news .... new pricing for 2015 has been announced, reducing prices by approx 10% making the kits even better value  :) 

Stage 1, Non Ceramic is £2799 + vat

Stage 1, Ceramic is £2,999 + vat

Stage 3, Billet Ceramic is £3,349 + vat

Stage 4, Large Billet Ceramic is £3,699 + vat

avo_stage_1_turbokit_1_zps296b7c1d.jpg

Stage 1, is capable of 260 - 290 bhp depending mainly on exhaust flow and choice of actuator. A stock exhaust will be around 260 and a nice 2.5" exhaust will max out around 290bhp. Maximum flow for this turbo is 380bhp.

Stage 2,  is simply the same as stage 1, but adds a 3" exhaust for higher output, 280 - 320bhp is possible depending on tune. Maximum flow for this turbo is 380bhp.

Stage 3, uses a "Billet" compressor wheel in the same housing as stage 1, the billet wheel provides approx 20% increase in flow. We rate this set up as 280 - 440. This is the kit we used throughout 2014 on our GT86R, making 421bhp on stock engine and around 460 on a built engine. Maximum flow for this turbo is 470bhp.

Stage 4, uses a larger Billet compressor wheel and larger turbine wheel with internal changes to the turbo for increased flow. Also included is larger intercooler and up pipe. Rated at 400bhp upwards. We will be testing this early next year and our target is 520 - 550bhp.

Kit specifications are available on our website.

DSC00745_zpse8c4992f.jpg

Other Products

Advised for all turbo kits:

Breather System (199 + vat) 

3 bar map Sensor & overboost fuel cut (89.95 + vat) 

Optional Upgrades for all kits:

Electronic Boost Control (150 + vat)

This includes the EBC valve, wiring and map upgrades using 10 custom race rom maps to allow closed loop boost control, boost is switchable via cruise control stalk and both throttle angle and gear dependant. Temperature safety maps are also included and boost is only allowed to increase if oil, water and air temps are within safe parameters.

Dump Valve:

There are a few options here, you can use an OE recirculating type available for £20 off ebay/scrappy etc. Or we have the Avo polished alloy one which can be configured as recirculating (quiet) or as a 50/50 for the whoosh!

High Capacity Air Intake Kit

Avo have developed their own airbox kit, crafted in carbon fibre and housing an induction type cone filter. The airbox includes a intake duct for cold air supply. More details soon.

S6Z12G4U4FRPT_1_zps03f49bf9.jpg

S6Z12G4U4FRPT_2_zps7ee46fdb.jpg

Exhausts:

Avo exhausts are available in 2.5" & 3" depending on power goals, they are also available with or without cat, with or without resonators depending on exhaust note required.

S6Z12E3KD065T_1_zpsfddaf177.jpg

S6Z12G3K7076T_zps5b8c0948.jpg

Anything else?

Don't forget the stock clutch is all but useless when turbocharging, it is only just possible to use with the lowest spec turbo and even then its marginal! So factor in for an uprated clutch.

Fitting Costs

Turbo Kit Basic - install and map £750 + vat

Turbo Kit + EBC, Clutch, Exhaust - install and map £995 + vat

We'll update this thread with further news, pics and specs as we get them

Any questions fire away  :) 

Best Regards

Adrian

Adrian, what are the options/prices for upgrade to stage 3 billet ?

Spec K

Hi Keith,

We're looking at doing an exchange service, my turbo is there at the mo getting upgraded to stage 4 and once I get the shipping fees etc will be able to price it  :)

I WANT MINE NOW!!!! COME ON ADRIAN, I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER A WEEK NOW!!!

On a serious note, can you see any issues using an ATI Crank pulley with the stage 4 kit, regarding clearance/temp issues?

Great breakdown of costs Fensport, done my first purchase yesterday, just a shark fin aerial, very impressed with the next day delivery, tracked and kept informed all the way. Look forward to spending more, with a turbo on the cards in July, when the the wife's away.

Captain G

Ian - you could put a Blitz mid silencer in the 3" AVO.... job done... B)

Nigel - ( I fold arms, suck teeth, shake head, look pityingly..) - this is not a good idea... your lower scrogflange temp will definitely be suspect,.. :rolleyes:

Captain - a bit of f/I hmmm? Can you really, really, wait until July? .... you could always treat the missus to a weekend spa ( :wub:), earns a codgel load of browny points and you can legitimately claim loss of memory whilst she was away... better still, you were abducted by Martians and mind-melded into doing it...

Don't thank me, guys. We should all work as one team....

Spec K

So was wondering what it will cost for stage 3 kit with relevant engine internals all fitted on the car ?

Hi Kev, fitting for the turbo kit is £995 + vat, engine internals will depend on what *you* deem necessary or power goals :)

Best Regards

Adrian

Upgrade News :)

We will be stocking a Billet stage 3 CHRA (Central Housing Rotating Assembly) cost is £747 + vat

This allows you to easily upgrade stage 1 & 2 to stage 3 Billet and works out much the same price as have your old unit rebuilt but with the benefit of a brand new CHRA

Best Regards

Adrian

... please sir !... please sir !.... can I be number one for the stage 3 billet upgrade..?

(Make a change to be first for anything in front of Pitman... :):ph34r: :ph34r: :) )

Spec K

Your no1 Keith  :D  :D  :D

Come on Adrian. Where's my stage 4 kit!!! I think I've waited long enough now !!

Never mind using any excuses about my car being totally stripped down and me not needing it yet either lol.

Just like Keith, I wanna be the first in the UK to have this little kit.

How about giving him a bell rather than crying out on a public forum which Adrian rarely has time for Nige?

"Crying out"? Just having a bit of fun, that's all.

Come on Adrian. Where's my stage 4 kit!!! I think I've waited long enough now !!

Never mind using any excuses about my car being totally stripped down and me not needing it yet either lol.

Just like Keith, I wanna be the first in the UK to have this little kit.

Hey Nigel, pull your finger out and get the body sorted :)

Turbo will be leaving oz end of next week :)

Best Regards

Adrian

Thanks for the feedback Adrian, glad you said get "the" body finished.. "My" body is well past it!!

You say the Turbo is coming from Oz, is it following the yellow brick road, will it bring the Wizard with it? Seriously though.. I thought the kits were built in Thailand?

Just one more question.. I thought you said on the phone the airbox came with the kit, whereas your site states it's an optional extra??

Adrian, quick question.

What's the highest bhp you can go to on a stage 4 without upgrading the internals? Assuming that exhaust / intake kit etc upgraded.

Would upgrading the internals at those horsepower levels be beneficial anyway for the sake of longevity?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback Adrian, glad you said get "the" body finished.. "My" body is well past it!!

You say the Turbo is coming from Oz, is it following the yellow brick road, will it bring the Wizard with it? Seriously though.. I thought the kits were built in Thailand?

Just one more question.. I thought you said on the phone the airbox came with the kit, whereas your site states it's an optional extra??

lol ..... some say ..... my body too!!

yes Thailand is the manufacturing plant :)

Airbox is separate, we kept it this way so people can decide on their own modification route :)

Your No 1 for stage 4 Nige :) :) 

Adrian, quick question.

What's the highest bhp you can go to on a stage 4 without upgrading the internals? Assuming that exhaust / intake kit etc upgraded.

Would upgrading the internals at those horsepower levels be beneficial anyway for the sake of longevity?

Thanks.

Hi Stan,

an easy question ..... to ask lol

We haven't tested the stage 4 yet and the first 2 cars have forged engines but I reckon it would see over 420bhp on a stock engine on road fuel. Race fuel you could get over 500 easily and maybe much more :) ......... as to how long it would last ?

The weakest link is the rod so you have to be careful of cylinder pressures!

so yes upgrading the internals is a must for longevity :)

Best Regards

Adrian

Hi

Am looking at going Forced Induction in the future. Could you please let me know the general waiting time to have a stage 2 AVO turbo fitted by yourselves and also whilst waiting for funds to be available if it is worth fitting items such as the exhaust and air box in the mean time and what this would possibly do to the power output. 

Many Thanks

Bles

Hi

Am looking at going Forced Induction in the future. Could you please let me know the general waiting time to have a stage 2 AVO turbo fitted by yourselves and also whilst waiting for funds to be available if it is worth fitting items such as the exhaust and air box in the mean time and what this would possibly do to the power output. 

Many Thanks

Bles

Hi Bles,

At the moment we are on a 3 week backlog for turbo fitting, stage 2 takes 3 - 4 days.

Yes you can fit the exhaust now if your thinking of 2.5" system?

The airbox can also be fitted at any time with a stock ecu, it will run a little leaner than stock, 11.8 instead of 10.8 which will net 5-8 bhp too  :)

Cheers

Adrian