Riceburner

TSS Round 6 Rockingham. 1st Nov

But I only really need to go faster than you Alec!

No mate, there's always someone faster, even if you get to the stage of making no mistakes and getting every line exactly right, there will be someone that will just take more risks than you and will be able to set a quicker time.

What I'm after is getting good enough to be able to post a video where I don't have to say don't copy what I do, never mind the times  :P

Alec

Great to meet you all again.

I wasn't convinced by the track layout at first but as the conditions improved I felt that it was much more palatable. It was far from ideal but due to the event having to be moved in the first place I think they made the most out of what they had available.

Really happy with my result. Able to be the fastest street spec 86 on the day (Adrians car was a but a distant dream) and even managed to fend off the street spec Celica GT4s also. It was my years goal to catch up to Lauren and Stand and I finally managed it albeit on a track layout where power does make more of a difference. I'm sure normal order will be restored next year though but I'm really happy with how my driving has developed over just a few events and really look forward to some good competition again!

When I pluck up the courage to put all my 1 min clips (mistake by me not setting up the roadhawk for longer clips before hand) you will get my runs. I watched my cone attack back, it's quite funny ;) I just ignored the corner and continues straight through them  :lol:  Good job it wasn't a wall or i'd have more than a scuffed bumper.

When I pluck up the courage to put all my 1 min clips (mistake by me not setting up the roadhawk for longer clips before hand) you will get my runs. I watched my cone attack back, it's quite funny ;) I just ignored the corner and continues straight through them  :lol:  Good job it wasn't a wall or i'd have more than a scuffed bumper.

I saw you 

at 1:20

Alec

Congrats all and what a turn out, very surprised on the number of people taking part, never mind the number 86's there! And the evening do was as amusing as usual :P

Kev, I've got your trophy by the way, I'll bring it with me to the GPRM meet!

My collection from this year. Could have been another if I'd done another round as I would have had a good chance of third behind Stan in the GT86 Championship overall, but I'm not complaining! 

1497484_10152339424086467_25362620229896

It was a great weekend, slightly stymied by the start of a migraine on Saturday night, think I'd overdone the whole week tbh, but for some reason I couldn't seem to better my third run time of 127.38 which frustrated me no end. I just couldn't seem to get more time out of the car, but everyone else seemed to, so it must have been me!  Mark has the clips to edit, I will put up the more exciting ones once he's done them all. 

Congrats all and what a turn out, very surprised on the number of people taking part, never mind the number 86's there! And the evening do was as amusing as usual :P

Kev, I've got your trophy by the way, I'll bring it with me to the GPRM meet!

Thanks Keethos even though not sure I earned it with a slow time, will dust off some more rust and drive properly next time out.

It's the problem with racing round cones in a car park, each run I was never sure if the cones would still be in the same place or not, which along with the worry about the wall made it a bit difficult to work out a decent line. Superb pit facilities, shame about the track. What would have been better was if we could have used the infield and the Lambos etc from that 6th Gear experience thing used the oval

Alec