Rab

I quit!

Folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that my days of BRZ ownership are over. I've agreed a deal on a WRX STi so it's back to 4 door Scoobie land for me! I'll see you all at Gaydon on the 21st Sept but I won't be at JAE unfortunately as I don't have a car at present. I'm not going to disappear though and will still show my ugly mush at events and keep in touch :)

Mixed emotions of sadness but also gladness that the vvti fiasco is over!

Cheers,

Rab

Thanks Lauren, yeah I've known for a while that this was going to happen but it was just a matter of waiting until I knew the outcome for sure. I'll still be around! :D

To be honest, I'm surprised it's taken this long  :wacko:  But it's sad to hear that not only has your pride and joy turned into a nightmare after all the work that you done to it, but that you've downgraded to a WRX STi sedan :(  Sad times.....on a serious note, sad times and you will be missed!

Rab, which STi did you go for the brand new one or the previous generation?

I did consider a brand new but the interior is so cheap (and no recaro's) I decided it wasn't worth it.

I almost went back to a 2004 WR1 Will but the offer I got on the new one was too good to let go. It's currently in production with delivery date November. I quite liked the interior, far better than the hatch 2009-2012MY. I thought it felt very remincent of the old Turbo 2000 to drive, a lot better than my Hawkeye WRX.

I'll just be glad when the whole episode is over and I'm back on the road! Driving a 1.4 astra turbo from enterprise/subaru assist just aint cutting it!!

A great shame.... despite being a northerner you're a half decent fellah.... pity you don't talk properly, can't understand a word you say... B) 

... when you're mobile again let's have another meet :)

Spec K