AJ124

AJ's GT86

OMG, you have dirt on your suspension components!!! Shame on you AJ!!

Haha I know, I did contemplate giving it all a quick wipe. Then just went out on my mtb.

Are you fitting a front bar to go along with the rear?

Beefing up the rear bar over stock will give you more oversteer - assume you know this.

Not planning on it, I am just trying it too see if it reduces the understeer, if it goes too far the other way I shall re think my ideas. Anyway oversteer is more fun ;)

Not planning on it, I am just trying it too see if it reduces the understeer, if it goes too far the other way I shall re think my ideas. Anyway oversteer is more fun ;)

Sideways is more fun indeed ;)

Adding the rear bar reduces grip at the rear making it seem as if the front has more grip as I've said and you know, will be better at low speed turn ins etc but ultimately slower through higher speed stuff. If you are not chasing laptimes then this is all well and good. I would have tried adding grip to the front personally :)

Have just got back from my first trackday in the GT86 and all I can say is wow, what an awesome machine on track. Did silverstone national, racked up just over 90 laps and used a whole tank of fuel :D. Downloading my gopro footage now and will pop some links up over the weekend. Defiantly need track tyres for next time round though, the contisport 5's have taken a beating.

Aluminium, can be a bit cold when it's frosty but only for a few mins. It is really nice to shift with so its worth it.

Was looking at those the other day, might have to try some when the conti's die. My only concern with them is wet/cold roads, so will probably end up with winter and summer wheels and tyres tbh. Even doing 10-15 min stints has done a lot of damage and wear to the conti's.

Haven't updated this for a long time. Have now bought a second set of wheels, work emotion cr Kai 17x8 with federal rsr for track use. Have just fitted 4 Pirelli P Zero Nero on the stock wheels for daily use. 

I have never been a big fan of the effect on the dash facia or the silver trim inside the car, so started attacking it with alcantara this week. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b9ff8a7891aaf69f04d14b4

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Did it myself, kinda helps it's my job ;), I absolutely love how it looks, need to loose the rest of the silver now. In time I'll be changing all the cheapo vinyl parts for alcantara too, looks much more classy imo. 

Haha, happy to help if anyone wants something trimming. 

Have also got a tomei uel coming from another member, one I fit that I will most likely get the car mapped. 

Sadly we don't have a flocking machine, will happily trim it for you?

Great, I had actually forgotten I'd spoken to you about those. Will drop you a pm.

Sadly we don't have a flocking machine, will happily trim it for you?

Great, I had actually forgotten I'd spoken to you about those. Will drop you a pm.

Ooh, Alcantara trimmed race dash?? Sounds nice??

Ooh, Alcantara trimmed race dash?? Sounds nice??

Should be no problem, assume you won't have airbags in your dash?

How much would that be roughly AJ?

need to look at how the air bag deploys on the passenger side, there not something to mess around with imo.

Should be no problem, assume you won't have airbags in your dash?

I have no airbags whatsoever and will only be using the top part of the dash, which is just the part above the glovebox.

You are right in my opinion to consider the airbag as covering a blast panel would be very illegal  reckon??

Edited by Nigelr32

I've got 3 big gauges covering my airbag on the passenger side...

no you don't, the airbag comes from out of the top of the dash not where your gauges are

watch from 3:50 to see how the passenger airbag works