AJ124

AJ's GT86

Thought I'd start a little thread as the mods are starting to add up on my GT86 now  :) 

First thing was an HKS panel filter and some chrome bulbs to loose the horrible orange one's in the indicators.

The squealing front brakes very quickly led me to some Performance friction pads which did the trick, have now got some hel lines and motul fluid waiting to be fitted.

I also have some subframe inserts ready to go on. 

My most recent mod was last night, fitted a Japspeed cat back which took about an hour, so nice to change an exhaust without cutting all the old bolts off  :D .

Anyway a few pics, including one of my previous leon cupra.

Car on the first weekend after Goodwood breakfast club.

imagejpg1_zpsbf99b3ea.jpg

Old car
trackday1.jpg

Few of the cat back

C74CC75E-EEA9-429A-BB78-716D2CC788BF_zps

C3322EF2-124B-46C3-8EBD-DBEFCEAD8CC8_zps

ACE40901-B796-400A-917C-CFADA915A4D2_zps

8A7458BF-15C0-4793-8CDD-3125B27A00A8_zps

Will keep this updated and try and get some videos soon.

Interesting tips on that exhaust, think they need poking out a tad more if possible. Look forward to some sound :) better still, you're in surrey. Get to the Grasshopper this Saturday at 2pm!

Only the optional seats are available with heaters, I just have the poverty spec.

I have also just fitted a Brake master cylinder brace, it's made a surprising difference to pedal feel, especially under heavy braking. For £20 was an absolute bargain.

374518B2-235B-416C-B7C9-F18B62D3CC34_zps

4874BEB5-EA79-4A2F-8AAD-BFF2011212F0_zps

Awesome stuff, where did you get the master cylinder brace from?

It's a LAILE Beatrush Master Cylinder Brace. Got it second hand but it looks brand new :).

Finally got round to fitting my rear subframe inserts, relatively straight forward took about an hour on the driveway.

Has made a noticeable difference to how the rear feels, can feel what the back ends up too much better than before.

It also appears to have stopped the back "crashing" over sudden bumps and jolts.

Although I think I need to get the car turning in a bit sharper now... Amd the slippery slope gets steeper.

D9498E04-C425-4D2F-B2C5-F1A71C385630_zps

C59A1EB8-F67F-4C36-BF24-90C288B2CB9A_zps

Here is a very quick clip of my Japspeed cat back, Will get something a bit better soon, hopefully rolling footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrAnvsZuMJU

Great thread AJ. Pleased to hear you can feel the difference with the subframe inserts. I have fitted the full bushes, along with Diff bushesand have yet to drive the car!!

I can certainly feel a difference standing still and selecting first gear. Do you get the same with the inserts?

Cheers Nigel, I've got a lot of admiration for your project, so I'm glad your enjoying my thread.

To a certain extent, can feel the car move a little bit when engaging fist at standstill (In a positive way, it's not unnerving).

Would like to hear your thoughts on the diff inserts once you have driven it, they are on my maybe list.

Cheers Nigel, I've got a lot of admiration for your project, so I'm glad your enjoying my thread.

To a certain extent, can feel the car move a little bit when engaging fist at standstill (In a positive way, it's not unnerving).

Would like to hear your thoughts on the diff inserts once you have driven it, they are on my maybe list.

Take a look at the video on YouTube of the diff and subframe moving around whilst being driven. it's that video that convinced me to do the work.

Just think about equal and opposite reactions and all that good stuff... now imagine what happens to the diff when you launch hard and the shafts rotate forward???

Order them from Abbey and please tell Scott I recommended him.

We had some hassle getting the right bushes through Whiteline, apparently some part no's have changed?

Check the pic I put on my thread tonight, I think the part numbers are KDT 923 and KDT 924?

Thanks for the advise and part numbers, Abbey are a breeze to deal with, will let Scott know you gave me the info on the bushes when I order them.

Are you fitting a front bar to go along with the rear?

Beefing up the rear bar over stock will give you more oversteer - assume you know this.