AJ124

AJ's GT86

There are ways round it, but the "trap door" on our dash will not have been designed to break through a material cover. I have a 458 airbag cover on my bench at work and they have scored a line into the leather and have a "trap door" designed to break the leather. 

Personally I'm not prepared ro compromise safety in someone else's car, it's a shame as an alcantara dash would look so good, would make the interior feel like a much more luxury car. 

I am going to be trimming a few bits in mine as and when I get the chance and will update on here as I do. 

Started my next bit of trim this week, will be interesting to see how the steering wheel looks in alcantara.

EF23AD78-EFEF-4096-BAAB-665F46567085_zps

Then today I installed a samco intake hose and removed the noise generator, seeing as I've had it blocked since a few days into ownership. Looks much cleaner now. 

66E75325-B455-4887-8768-98DF620C2E3C_zps

C5497C7B-5545-488E-8A65-2F5E2F60BE44_zps

Thanks for the kind words, I am talking with Rob before I give any prices. Don't want to cause problems. Anyone interested keep an eye out as I'm sure there will be some info soon.

Catless test video

Secondary cat in place video

Fitted the tomei uel tonight, tbh didn't get much of a drive as I needed to get home and that was only 2 miles through town. Installed it with my decat and it sounded epic, sadly too loud for daily use for me. So the second clip is with the standard secondary cat in place, sounds awesome and far more civilised. 

Might look into some sort of heat shield for the sump in the future.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't updated this in a while and a few things have happened since then.

I fitted the Perrin strut brace, some HEL braided brake hoses and fitted a bucket seat for a trackday at Bedford.

After taking advise from a few kind members who messaged me regarding the potential issues with the sump baffle, that has been sat in my garage gathering dust. Although when I had my car serviced by Mark@Abbey he told me about a solution and provided me with some information so I can safely modify and use the sump baffle. Along with a test drive of his awesome Harrop SC car.

While I was there Mark managed to sell me a Superpro front wishbone kit to remove the dead spot in the steering that has always annoyed me. These are also gathering dust to be fitted asap!

I have also purchased some 911 GT3 brake ducts to help with on track cooling of my stock brakes as I glazed my discs at Bedford in February, these will be replaced with Pagid oe until I can afford the BBK I want. 

Lastly for the moment I have ordered some Tein Flex A's and picked up some Cusco lca's in preparation :)  

IMG_8327.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

IMG_8663.JPG

IMG_8681.JPG

Tein Flex A's and Cusco rear LCA get fitted tonight, have also got some adjustable front drop links incase!.

Cusco fanboys/girls look away! I didn't want bright blue arms against green coilovers and yellow/grey whiteline parts so sprayed them satin black.

IMG_9175.JPG

IMG_9285.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG